Search Unity

Unity 2018.2 - Visual Studio : Preparing solution takes forever, can't find packages files

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Setsuki, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Setsuki

Setsuki

Hello !
    On my current project, as well as on a new project, Visual Studio takes forever to load a project using packages (any packages).
    I'm talking around 6 minutes for a new project.

Once it's done loading, the output is filled with similar errors :

[Failure] Could not find file 'D:\projects\New Unity Project\Packages\com.unity.textmeshpro\Scripts\Editor\TMPro_SDFMaterialEditor.cs'.
    [...]
    [Failure] Could not find file 'D:\projects\New Unity Project\Packages\com.unity.package-manager-ui\Editor\Sources\UI\PackageList.cs'.

(In this particular case, 129 similar errors appear)

And the files, indeed, don't exist in the project folder, as they are located in a common place (which I think is one of the point of packages),and aren't loaded in the solution. Unity, however, is able to compile correctly.

For now, the only solution I've found is to copy the package contents in the corresponding path.
    This happens on multiple machines, all running Windows 10.

limaoscar and solidsnake530 like this.
  2. solidsnake530

solidsnake530

Getting the same errors, also running Windows 10, 2018.2.0f2, targetting .NET Experimental 4.x support, target UWP. Builds fine, but can't attach my scripts to the editor. My builds are located in a different folder to my Unity installations if that makes any difference.

limaoscar likes this.
  3. limaoscar

limaoscar

@willgoldstone I'm also having the same issue with unity 2018.2.1 , I logged a bug report.

I can still build though.

4. Necoron

Necoron

This is a problem with older versions of VS or rather the VS Unity Build Tools, as previously seen in this thread.
    Just update your VS and restart, after that you should be fine.

5. Setsuki

Setsuki

Update Visual Studio 2017 to its latest version, that did the trick for me!

limaoscar likes this.