Search Unity

Official Unity 2018.2 is now available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jacob_Unity, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Where is everyone?

I have a request for the future versions of Unity: Currently, turning the grid off, turns it off for all scene views; please make is to that we can keep the grid on in some scene views and turn it off in others. Thank you.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,

I have no idea where to ask this but what replaces the Ctrl + ' short cut we could use in Monodevelop to search the Unity API? It doesn't work in Visual Studio.

@Jacob_Unity @hippocoder

3. Baste

Baste

See here for info about the Unity/Visual Studio integration.
    Apparently it's "Ctrl+Alt+M, Ctrl+H", and the shortcut name for rebinding is "Help.UnityAPIReference"

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thank you for your help. I didn't get notification of your answer; which is why I'm only getting back today. :)

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

It works but not as I would like it to work.

I find their explanation rather confusing; to open a page in the Unity API, we must click on "Ctrl+Alt+M" and then "Ctrl+H" (not case sensitive) and the Unity API opens... in Visual Studio. I'd rather have it open in my browser. I think I've seen a "browser" setting in VS options; I'll have to take a look.

Thank you for the tip anyway and the link! I wouldn't have found them by myself. ;)

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ha ha! Found it!

In Visual Studio Tools/Options, go down to "Tools for Unity" and then set "Use external browser" to "true".

Capture.JPG

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Jacob_Unity I just installed the brand new version of Unity, 2018.2.13f1; I cannot speak for the other versions although the problem I just ran into smells familiar:
    • modifying the name of an instance of a prefab in the hierarchy window and clicking on "apply" so that the change applies to the original prefab doesn't work,
    • modifying the name of a prefab in the inspector and hitting "return" doesn't apply the change in the project window (see image below),
    • the only way to rename a prefab is right-clicking on the prefab in the project window and using the "Rename" contextual menu.
    Using the "apply" button to update the original prefab after making other changes (other than the name of it) to the prefab seems to work.

Capture.JPG

8. r618

r618

(not sure where to mention this, since it's 2018.2.13 specific maybe people find it useful)
    Materials import tab on importer settings is broken on 2018.2.13 (works on 2018.2.12 and prior)

2018.2.12:
    MaterialsImport_2018_2_12.PNG

2018.2.13:
    MaterialsImport_2018_2_13.PNG
    with bunch of EditorGUI/Layout NRE errors in the Console

Case 1092717

9. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

I installed Unity 2018.2.13 today on Windows 10. I tried to open a large (70+ GB) project from Unity 2018.1.2f1. Unity's project updater runs for a long time and then crashes every time. I submitted a crash report to Unity today.

Has anybody else had this problem with Unity 2018.2.13?

10. r618

r618

it's this one: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...is-empty-when-inspecting-an-imported-fbx-file
    ] - one might not search the issue tracker in the middle of downgrading, mind you

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

2018.2.15f1? It's been a long time since 2018.214f1 was released. I was getting used to the frequent announcements of a new version, from a few days to about 8 days, but it's been 13 days now! What's happening? :confused:

MagicMiikka likes this.
  12. Deleted User

Deleted User

13. EmpirisoftNathan

EmpirisoftNathan

Just updated and the improvements for C# scripting workflows are amazing, build times following code edits appear to have increased by an order or two of magnitude which will provide an amazing productivity boost. The improvement is so striking I had to come find somewhere to thank you.

Well done!

Joe-Censored likes this.
  14. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

I noticed that as well. The build times for C# are massively improved in Unity 2018.2 compared to Unity 2018.1.

15. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

Just a quick follow up regarding this issue I posted in October about the upgrader crashing. The problem was not project size. The problem was DX12. I was using DX12, and Unity 2018.2 is not stable in the editor with DX12 enabled. I was able to upgrade from 2018.1 to 2018.2 by forcing DX11 in the editor from the command line using -force-d3d11

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

Good news: this problem has been fixed in 2019.1.0a10. :)

Ctrl + [0 to 9] does not work with the numpad keys; the keyboard figures must be used.

Edit: also fixed in 2018.3.0b12.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.