Search Unity

Unity 2018.2 beta 1 and ECS

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by LennartJohansen, Apr 18, 2018.

1. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

Hi.

I just tested to set up the ECS system with the new beta. Updated the maifest file and changed .net version.
    I got this error message. Is there a different version of the ecs package in the manifest file needed?

From now. will improvements to the ECS and Job system be in 2018.2 betas or updates to 2018.1 ?

Code (csharp):
    2. C:/ProgramData/Unity/cache/packages/staging-packages.unity.com/com.unity.entities@0.0.11/Unity.Entities.Editor/ExtraTypesProvider.cs(6,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Build' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEditor.Experimental'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    Lennart

2. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I got this too. I think they moved Build.Player out of Experimental namespace which broke it.

I fixed this by navigating to folder C:\ProgramData\Unity\cache\packages\staging-packages.unity.com\com.unity.entities@0.0.11\Unity.Entities.Editor and changed ExtraTypesProvider.cs to not be read-only. Then I just changed the line 6 to:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEditor.Build.Player;
    instead of:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEditor.Experimental.Build.Player;

Singtaa, Madmeester, elbows and 6 others like this.
  3. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

Thanks.

replaced with this to not break my 2018.1 b12 project.

Code (csharp):
    2. #if UNITY_2018_2_OR_NEWER
    3. using UnityEditor.Build.Player;
    4. #else
    5. using UnityEditor.Experimental.Build.Player;
    6. #endif

Singtaa, pahe, elbows and 5 others like this.
  4. telecaster

telecaster

That did it.. Thank you!
    The issue is the project. The build has indeed been moved out of experimental, but the project is still looking for experimental. Should be updated in github.

5. afonseca

afonseca

I can confirm the same issue on Mac starting with a new project, changing .NET version, and updating the manifest.

The same warning is reported and updating ExtraTypesProvider.cs as provided by @rizu patches it. The location of this file on Mac is in your user Library/Unity/cache/... (the rest of the path) directory in case anyone else runs into this.

6. Orimay

Orimay

Which exact JSON you guys have in your manifest? I am getting way more exceptions

Edit:
    I forgot to set Scripting Runtime Version to .Net 4.x. Now it's working

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  7. henrikpAtUnity

henrikpAtUnity

Unity Technologies

starikcetin likes this.
  8. davenirline

davenirline

I don't get it. What do we do to fix this? The file is readonly so I can't edit its contents.

9. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

You haven't needed to fix this manually for anything but the old version that was broken with 2018.2 on May. Try any recent version and they work just fine with 2018.2.