Search Unity

Unity 2018.2.4f1 Launch From Command Prompt

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by LargoSama, Oct 3, 2018.

1. LargoSama

LargoSama

Hello!

I am trying to launch the Unity Editor with a specific project through the command prompt on Windows. I can launch Unity through the .exe and it opens to the project selection screen, but I need it to open a specific project automatically when Unity launches. I'm entering this in the command prompt:

"C:\Program Files\Unity2018.2.4f1\Editor\Unity.exe" -batchmode -projectPath C:\Users\user\Desktop\Development\Projects\SpecificProject

The Program Files path leads to the Unity folder where I have the 2018.2.4 installation and works to launch Unity to the project selection screen on it's own. -batchmode, from my understanding of the documentation, is supposed to keep the process automated so the project selection doesn't show when launching Unity. -projectPath is the path Unity is specifying for the project when the project selection screen is displayed (and it's the path to the project files). The documentation I am using is located here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

When I enter that in command prompt, there are no errors displayed in the prompt, but nothing happens. I'm trying to figure out if there is an error in the command I'm entering or how to get some sort of log info from Unity if Unity is having errors opening the project.

Thanks!