Search Unity

Unity 2018.2.4 Editor / Environment Dialogs not visible, slow

Discussion in 'macOS' started by davidxx, Aug 19, 2018.

1. davidxx

davidxx

Just installed 2018.2.4... it launched & presented me with the log in dialog & learning projects fine...

I initially tried to install & open the 'tanks' tutorial projects : took quite awhile apparently downloading & unpacking things (so long that I went off and surfed the web for awhile). However, the project window that came up had garbled / staticy graphics in it (fuzzy menu bar at bottom). The tanks project said '<Metal>' on it, so I attempted to open the 'Player' preferences & make sure it was switched to OpenGL (Apple apparently not currently supporting Metal on older hardware with PCI slots!?) as suggested elsewhere; however, that preference dialog, and any other that I attempted to open, were blank when they finally came up after delay.

I also tried creating a new '2D' project, which took over 2 minutes to complete (still garbled window with blank preference dialogs) : building it did come up with a readable dialog to specify resolution, & then ran to a blue window...

2.26 GHz Quad-Core
    12 GB DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1G (NVidia 346.03.15f02 drivers)
    Both System 10.11.6 & Unity are installed on Samsung SSD

Attached Files:

2. davidxx

davidxx

Ah! managed to start it up using the command line with "-force-glcore" & then changed player settings (as far as why any intelligent developer wouldn't switch automatically when metal produces an error!?)... Glad I'm not paying for this (& probably won't if this continues).

However, I then tried turning on VR & got the following error+ upon startup:

Plugins: Couldn't open /Volumes/CodeGen/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/UnityExtensions/Unity/VR/OSXUniversal/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, error: dlopen(/Volumes/CodeGen/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/UnityExtensions/Unity/VR/OSXUniversal/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/LibOVRRT_0.framework/Versions/5/LibOVRRT_0
    Referenced from: /Volumes/CodeGen/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/UnityExtensions/Unity/VR/OSXUniversal/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin
    Reason: image not found