Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2018.2.0b7 everything is broken

Discussion in 'Linux' started by startas, Jun 10, 2018.

1. startas

startas

I tried using unity 2018.2.0b7 on newest manjaro linux, and everything is broken:

1. All text fields in editor are unresponsive and its impossible to change the values, i.e. i create an empty object, and unity editor doesnt even let me change its location.

2. Editor GUI sometimes breaks and i get empty panes at bottom and at right side.

3. It also lags very much - even standard empty scene gives me like 10 fps... i know intel hd 4400 is not very fast, but on windows it works perfectly fast.

2. startas

startas

Ok, so i tried version 2018.1.3 and it works better, no graphical glitches (probably new gtk version requirement broke unity 2018.2), but that huge lag still exists. Empty scene gives me like 160 fps, and profiler shows editor overhead 85%... Thats really not good. Is linux version that slow or what is going on ?

3. sharamun

sharamun

Unity-2018.2.0b7 Linux definitely has problems. Download and installation went smoothly, but the following problems were observed after launch:
    1. when launched initially via [Create project], the window layout did not render at all so the {Hierarchy,Project,Scene/Game,Inspector/Services} were missing so the work view was completely blank
    2. after File | Exit and restart of Unity-2018.2.0b7, the work view was still completely blank until I moved the window, so it looks like there are rendering problems
    3. SampleScene was automatically created w/{MainCamera,DirectionalLight} children, rather than the scene named with the name of the newly created project
    4. after selecting Window | General | Asset Store, the {Project,Inspector/Services} views disappeared and after selecting the Asset Store search text field, it was not possible to enter anything in the text field, like it was disabled.

Unity-2018.1.2f1 is definitely more stable so I'm going back to using that until a later release is available, which fixes these problems.

4. LeoDev987

LeoDev987

where i can download Unity-2018.2.0b7?