Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2018.1 Doesn't Pick Up Asset Icons in Gizmos?

Discussion in 'Extensions & OnGUI' started by TonyLi, May 7, 2018.

1. TonyLi

TonyLi

Unity 2017 and earlier automatically apply an icon "MyAssetType Icon" in the Gizmos folder to assets of MyAssetType. This doesn't appear to be the case in 2018.1, and icons can only be associated through the script's Select Icon menu.

Is this the case, or am I missing something?

2. BinaryCats

BinaryCats

I remember a live stream were one of the unity dev people said doing this was a work around that wasn't suppose to work for the public - I could be wrong in that though. saying this, having icons is incredibly useful

3. TonyLi

TonyLi

Thanks. It's not a big deal, more just a point of curiosity. It's no trouble to associate it through the Select Icon menu.

4. BinaryCats

BinaryCats

does this method work for scriptable objects? I was under the impression it did not

5. TonyLi

TonyLi

Seems to work fine.

BinaryCats likes this.