Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2018.1 Build Fails (ProcessEvent?)

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by Xander-Davis, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

Following this second thread (resolved), now I'm onto the next, third crit blocker preventing a build. We're almost there! :)

When I tried to build the project (targeting tvOS) that I'm actually trying to transition up to Unity 2018.1b12, it still failed and gave me these errors:

After uninstalling and re-installing Unity 2018.1b12 without Vuforia, I tried switching a blank project over to tvOS and building that. The build succeeded.

So apparently I'll need help resolving these errors for my actual tvOS project then, which must be a separate issue than what Vuforia was causing. Any guidance here is much appreciated

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  2. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

It seems that this has something to do with Unity no longer natively supporting Substance materials and Substance not yet supporting Unity 2018.1. By removing all GameObjects that used Substance materials, even after re-applying alternate non-Substance materials to them, I was able to build. Obviously, that is a problem though.

How is it possible that Substance doesn't have a solution already for Unity 2018.1 when we're in Beta 12 and it's going RC in April? Kind of a big deal.

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies