Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2018.1 Build Fails (BuildObserver?)

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by Xander-Davis, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

Following this thread, I've converted my project over from 2017.3.1p4 to 2018.1b12 and cleared all errors. I did a successful play through from start to finish without any further issue, so I tried a build (the project is for tvOS).

I fails right away. Then I try it again and it works for about 5 minutes, compiling scenes and then running through compiling thousands of shader variants. But it ultimately fails again. I get the same errors both times:

Error 1:

Error 2:

Error 3:

Error 4:

Error 5:

Regarding Error 5, I went to the Asset Store and tried importing Substance for Unity before I tried this build, so that didn't resolve whatever triggered the error.

How can I resolve these? It mostly looks like it's an issue with Unity's Builder, which seems to be beyond my control?

If this looks like a bug, I can submit a bug report.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  2. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

Update—

I tried a brand new project on the default PC build target, running macOS (so macOS target).

Dropped a plane in, then a Standard Assets Third Person Character Controller. Parented the cam to the Player Controller.

It played fine.

Added scene to the Build Manager.

Tried to build.

Got the same errors.

However, once I tried to build a second time, it worked. I was not so lucky with my original project. With this new one, if I try to build a third time, it fails again.

This seems to be an issue with Unity 2018.1b12 itself then, right?

Bug submitted. Waiting for number to post. Guessing there'll be a delay because of the weekend.

3. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

Case #1017860

4. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

Okay, so a workaround to this is to remove Unity and then re-install it without Vuforia. Doing this now. Will post results. Hopefully it's a successful build process without any bugginess.

And now we're moving on to the next issue preventing a build.