Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity 2018.1.0f2

Discussion in 'Linux' started by danrousseau, May 7, 2018.

?

Are all linux users having this same issue?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. danrousseau

danrousseau

Hi

I was wondering if this is an issue everyone is experiencing or just me? I am trying to use the lightweight rendering pipeline in Unity, but when i load the template i just get pink textures and these errors.
    This is a feature i have been really looking forward to so it would be nice to know what the situation is.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. PixelTrik

PixelTrik

Same is happening in the Shader Graph. I guess there are some major issues with the new scriptable rendering pipeline.
    Screenshot from 2018-05-10 23-46-33.png

3. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

It seems we have some issues in Linux and our C# shader include path. Could you open a bug report on fogbugz or github so we can keep track of this issue?

PixelTrik likes this.
  4. danrousseau

danrousseau

• Unfortunately this and many other issues i am continuously encountering due to lack of resource contributed to the project has meant i have had to move back to windows. As Unity is the main tool I use at varisty and now work since i recently got my job, all these weird issues and bugs do nothing but slow me down. It sad because i hate windows and love the linux eco system, but what the point of running an OS if my main tool doesn't support it, or seem like it is going to in the near future.
    • Unity Hub is another prime example of how this experimental unity editor may never see an official release

gururise likes this.
  5. PixelTrik

PixelTrik

phil_lira likes this.