Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2018.1.0f2 Cinemachine package is now broken

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by chainsawpenguin, Aug 6, 2019.

1. chainsawpenguin

chainsawpenguin

A few days ago I successfully added Cinemachine 2.2.9 to a project in Unity 2018.1.0f2. Today I'm trying to add it to a new project, and 2.2.10-preview.3 is broken with the following messages:

...com.unity.cinemachine@2.2.10-preview.3/Runtime/Components/CinemachineTransposer.cs(343,51): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Quaternion' does not contain a definition for `normalized' and no extension method `normalized' of type `UnityEngine.Quaternion' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

...com.unity.cinemachine@2.2.10-preview.3/Runtime/Core/GaussianFilter.cs(122,35): error CS0117: `UnityEngine.Quaternion' does not contain a definition for `Normalize'

How can I remove 2.2.10-preview.3 and instead install 2.2.9, which was verified and working?

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yes, you're right, we'll fix it asap. Thanks for the heads up.

In the meantime, you can revert to 2.2.9 by manually editing your project's Packages/manifest.json file. Find the line that references Cinemachine and change it to this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     "com.unity.cinemachine": "2.2.9"
    In newer versions of Unity, you can do this directly in the package manager window, but for now you'll have to do it manually.

unityunity