Search Unity

Unity 2018.1.0f2 Android build Problem parsing the package Android 8

Discussion in 'Android' started by AIMCrestStudios, May 8, 2018.

1. AIMCrestStudios

AIMCrestStudios

Hello all, I am 70% through development of my Android game and i wanted to test it on my Galaxy S8 device running Android 8. However, after I build the APK and transfer it to my phone to install it, i get an error message: There was a problem parsing the package. I have downloaded the latest SDK, from API level 23 (Android 6) through API level 27 (Android 8.1) even though my phone has Android 8 and my settings are as below. Can you please help me?

upload_2018-5-8_23-37-11.png

2. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

Do you have development mode enabled on your device? Are you able to install a new empty Unity project to the device?

3. Maya_96

Maya_96

Hi, i'm having the same issue just after uploading to Unity 2018.1, it was working fine with 2017.4

4. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

If you use "build and run" in Unity editor, there should be a more detailed error in the console. Alternatively you can try to install the apk manually using the adb command. It should give you a more clear error message as well.

5. SoyerTek

SoyerTek

Hello, did anyone fix this issue?
    I'm in pretty much the same situation as the OP, it would be really difficult to install the app on the phone with a pc since the phone isn't mine.

I was able anyway to install on other phones with Oreo.
    Thanks for the help.

6. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

Logcat may also shed some more light on the issue details.

7. SoyerTek

SoyerTek

Hi i'm fairly new to android developing, i have tried using the logcat while installing the app, but i'm not sure what to look for.
    I have noticed that this proble occurs only with certain versions of android 8. In some other phones with oreo the app installs and works just fine.
    I even tried to install a new app/project but it still wouldn't install!

8. MoribitoMT

MoribitoMT

Any solution found to this yet?