Search Unity

Unity 2017 particle system doesn't have "Emit from shell" checkbox?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by kr4ft3r, Jul 17, 2017.

1. kr4ft3r

kr4ft3r

Hello. I imported an old project (Unity 5.6) into Unity 2017 and noticed a cone shaped particle emitter (which existed in scene before updating to 2017) went foobar - some pro options for emitter were checked on (even though it is a personal edition of Unity) and choosing a shape from emitter shape dropdown never gave appropriate shape - for example a sphere would emit as a circle, cone would emit as a plane, etc.

But that was easy to fix by creating a new particle emitter, however there is a bigger problem now - there is no longer the option for cone shaped emmiter to "Emit from shell", the checkbox is missing. Any ideas, is this a bug or was this feature removed from Unity?

2. FairyMental

FairyMental

I would like to know that as well... As I really need that tickbox right now!

3. deets

deets

You have a new value called "Radius Thickness" under "Shape" where the tickbox "Emit from shell" used to be. If you set the value "Radius Thickness" to 0 it's the same as emitting from shell.

"Radius Thickness" is a value from 0 - 1 with 0 being the shell and 1 being the middle point of your particle system. here you can set a value to how far the particles can spawn.

Hope my explanation is clear.

4. kr4ft3r

kr4ft3r

In the meantime I realized what the option does, but thanks for correct and detailed reply deets.

deets likes this.
  5. deets

deets

You're welcome :p

6. Rasgefaanu

Rasgefaanu

thank you very much deets!

deets likes this.