Search Unity

Unity 2017 License Failure, on and offline, Win10

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by artician, Apr 26, 2018.

1. artician

artician

I am trying to activate 2017.1.p4 on Win10 x64. Fresh install.

Machine was not connected to the network, so I did an offline activation. Unity activated and launched. Later I plugged in the machine. When launching Unity, it claimed there was no license. I loaded the ULF I had downloaded earlier. Unity said the license was verified, and then did nothing. It just sat on the License Management screen with the Load and Save License Request buttons.

If I plug the machine back into the network and attempt to activate the license in the online method, I log in to my account via the Unity interface and go through the License Management steps. I reach the screen that displays "Activating, almost there!" (or similar), and then it switches back to the License management Plus or Pro options selection screen. If I reselect an option and tap Next, the status bar along the top of the window moves, but nothing else happens.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled.

I've manually deleted the .ULF located in the app data directory.

:mad:

2. artician

artician

This was solved by rebooting 3 times. Nothing actually changed in between those sessions unless Win10 installed some update in the meantime that I wasn't aware of, but it seems to have cleared the issue up.

This licensing thing is a mess, guys. I have problems with Unity like this all the time (beginning with 2017). It's cost me so much time.