Search Unity

Resolved Unity 2017.4.1f1 Test Runner has very slow startup and cleanup.

Discussion in 'Testing & Automation' started by Whatever560, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Whatever560

Whatever560

upload_2018-4-24_16-55-7.png
    I created a fresh issue as reference to my post in :Issue with the test runner

A. Running tests is pretty quick in itself though there are still 2 big heavy issue :
    - Startup always takes around 15s each time. (before the progress bar appears)
    - After test are run (we can see results in the window) unity hangs for 60s !

This is reproductible whatever number of test we are running, even 1. Right now its one of our most major caveat using the test runner. I have to mention our project is quite big and it seems other users are having the exact same issue with a big project (not reproductible with a fresh starts)

Is there any known issue around this or any workaround ?

B.
    You should run only [UnityTest] frame by frame, any other [Test] should be run as a regular unit test without having to wait a frame each time.

Best.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  2. ElvisAlistar

ElvisAlistar

Unity Technologies

This issue is very old. The Test Runner has received a lot of performance improvements since then. @Whatever560 are you still having these issues with newer Unity versions?

3. Whatever560

Whatever560

Indeed issue is fixed, I had a PM conversation with one of the staff member and we did some successful patch testing. The fix was then propagated in one of the LTS release (can't remember when though). Is it possible for users to change the thread title in order to add a [fixed] tag or something ?

4. ElvisAlistar

ElvisAlistar

Unity Technologies

Forum Mods can do it. I will update it. Thanks for your reply!