Search Unity

Unity 2017.3.0f3 cannot build WebGL with IL2CPP

Discussion in 'Web' started by RockenX, Jan 30, 2018.

1. RockenX

RockenX

I'm trying to create a WebGL build but when I tried to I'm getting this error
    I manage to make a Development build once and couldn't do it again.

2. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

could you try with the latest 2017.3 patch?

3. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@RockenX

This looks very similar to a bug report we just received. We will investigate it soon and let you know what we can do to correct it.

4. RockenX

RockenX

I tried version 2017.3.0p4
    And it didn't work.

I think it's the same error

5. RockenX

RockenX

Strange. I tried removing the il2cpp_cache from the Library folder and tried to rebuild it. It cause my computer to turn off. I'm going to try getting a new power supply this weekend and see if that would fix it.

6. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

I've just made a fix for this issue. It should be available in a patch release for 2018.1 and 2017.3 within the next week or so.

7. RockenX

RockenX

Seems like my CPU was overheating before. I manage to get the building to run until that Error get displayed.

Alright I will wait for the release.
    Thank you

8. ivank

ivank

@Marco-Trivellato

Hello,
    just quick question - did your WebGL fix make it into the 2017.3.1.p1 patch (February 14)?

I have clean install 2017.3.1.f1, the mentioned p1 patch over it, and can not build for WebGL (both 1 and 2) even default empty scene with "default" box added... it gives the errors on console, see below.
    For convenience also Editor.log in attachment.

Or is it perhaps a new issue, which I should fill in as appropriate?

Thanks

Ivan

Failed running "C:\Program Files\Unity 2017.3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten_Win\python\2.7.5.3_64bit\python.exe" "C:\Program Files\Unity 2017.3\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten\emcc" @"C:\Users\IVANKL~1\DOCUME~1\MODTEL~1\UNITEL~2\TELCKO~1\Assets\..\Temp\emcc_arguments.resp"
    stdout:
    stderr:ERROR:root:C:\Users\Ivan Klíma\Documents\mod Telc kolej\UNI Telč-KolejNew\Telc Kolej Kostel New\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Native\build.bc: No such file or directory ("C:\Users\Ivan Klíma\Documents\mod Telc kolej\UNI Telč-KolejNew\Telc Kolej Kostel New\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Native\build.bc" was expected to be an input file, based on the commandline arguments provided)

Exception: Failed building WebGL Player.
    UnityEditor.WebGL.ProgramUtils.StartProgramChecked (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo p) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WebGL/Extensions/Unity.WebGL.extensions/ProgramUtils.cs:48)
    UnityEditor.WebGL.WebGlBuildPostprocessor.EmscriptenLink (BuildPostProcessArgs args, Boolean wasmBuild, System.String sourceFiles, System.String sourceFilesHash) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WebGL/Extensions/Unity.WebGL.extensions/BuildPostprocessor.cs:408)
    UnityEditor.WebGL.WebGlBuildPostprocessor.LinkBuild (BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WebGL/Extensions/Unity.WebGL.extensions/BuildPostprocessor.cs:451)
    UnityEditor.WebGL.WebGlBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WebGL/Extensions/Unity.WebGL.extensions/BuildPostprocessor.cs:916)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.BuildReporting.BuildReport report) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:272)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 4 errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x0020e] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:181
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00065] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:88

Attached Files:

9. kognito1

kognito1

"C:\Users\Ivan Klíma\Documents\mod Telc kolej\UNI Telč-KolejNew\Telc Kolej Kostel New\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Native\build.bc: No such file or directory"

Perhaps try moving your project to the root of your drive (e.g. C:\IvansProject) and building again.

ivank likes this.
  10. ivank

ivank

Thanks for your advice, @kognito1 !
    To my surprise, changing the path so it is without the non-ASCII characters really helped!
    Now I have even found such solution already mentioned in the WebGL forum.

Question probably to @Marco-Trivellato -
    - is it "by design" (so it is written by capital letters somewhere in the manual),
    - or is it just known issue which will go away as Unity becomes more "multilingual"?
    - or the cause is completely different perhaps?
    Anyway it should be somehow announced publicly - other poor souls could run into the same ...

11. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

I believe you are running into this problem. I am afraid it hasn't been fixed it yet because of other higher priority bugs.

12. ivank

ivank

Ok, that's definitely it!
    (Let's call it "Non ASCII characters in the project name").
    Thanks again the forum for help; the issue is solved now at least for me.
    Maybe few words in manual or somewhere would be good to help others to avoid this unfortunate temporary annoyance.