Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2017.2 is almost unusable. Developers, do you hear us?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SeriouSerg, Nov 9, 2017.

?

What should Unity's development team focus on?

1. Fix some bugs and continue to follow us into a hdr AAAA future.

16.7%
  2. Deep bugfix of Unity Editor because it is almost unusable.

66.7%
  3. Continue to grow a monster, because the money is dripping and everything is fine.

16.7%
  1. SeriouSerg

SeriouSerg

Just my reasoning, do not take it personally. I rely on my own Unity errata sheet and also on the most common questions in this forum.
    • Unity2017 is very laggy and unresponsible. It is true, especially when using profiler;
    • Platform switching takes eternity, especially Android->iOS direction and reverse. Cache server have problems and doesn't work. It stops development process by hours.
    • Vulkan API is completely unusable. It is more laggy and unstable than ES3.0. You have a bad manner, you declare that you support the feature, and in fact it does not exist. Only the most heinous marketers do that.
    • iOS On Demand Resources doesnt work. It is impossible to fit Apple archive size requirements. See previous chapter.
    • A lot of critical bugs. I am with you since 2014, and at that time it was much less bug reports, especially in times of Unity4.
    • The sea of non-critical but annoying bugs. No extra comment, just see your forums and compare with UE4.
    And сherry on the cake:
    https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/12/558746745696435444/
    This is what gamers think about Unity in 2014. But believe me, now they think much worse, to prove this just scan the reviews on Google Play and App Store, and I'm not talking about Steam, where in recent years, the players put negative feedback only because the game is based on Unity Engine. It is sad...

You can say anything that we have curved hands or we are not educated enough, but try to find such comments about UE4, or Havok or Cry Engine. You can not. I'm talking about technology, not a game. There are a lot of sh..tty games based on such engines, the gamers can hate that games, but they dont talk that UE4 is a plague and must be eliminated.
    UE4 is more complicated, and the return from it is much more effective. We develop another project on it. And if UE4 becomes more friendly to beginners, it will bury you, and steps in this direction the Epic company is already doing.

Just think about.