Search Unity

Unity 2017.1 Building Split APK results in 172mb APK + 100mb OBB

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AllanMSmith, Aug 2, 2017.

1. AllanMSmith

AllanMSmith

Hey,

The title basically says it all. I am working on a pretty big project and I have been using many versions of Unity 5 along the way. Since it is a big game, I need to use Split Application to upload an APK with less than 100mb to Google Play, and on all versions of Unity 5 it usually resulted in an APK with 50mb+- and an OBB with 180mb+-.

Then, I upgraded to Unity 2017.1 to use performance reporting (accordingly to the team, the last fixes were on Unity 562p4 but that version is not working so well for us, so I went to 2017), and now the project is working fine, have the iOS build up and running... but the Android build, with the exact same configurations as before is resulting in a build with an APK of 172mb AND an OBB with 100mb... which means I cannot update my game since I cant upload an APK this big.

What happened? What can I do to solve this? It is a critical situation for us since the game is currently in soft launch and I need to update both platforms at the same time...

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
    Best,
    Allan

2. Acagamesru

Acagamesru

i have some problem, any have idea ?