Search Unity

Unity 2017.1.2 Crash on device with special characters - IOS

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by sidebolt, Nov 6, 2017.

1. sidebolt

sidebolt

When trying to load a prefab or scene that contains special characters in a font the application crashes on device. This occurs with an XCode build. An example of characters that cash the app are chinese characters (I would post those characters but the auto mod keeps marking the post as spam whenever they are included..). There are no problems displaying these characters in the Editor or on OSX builds. This crash occurs whether using an included font set or using the built in Arial font.

The XCode error is "Error: memory read failed for 0x3f800000: Thread 1: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0x3f800000)".

Any help or workarounds would be appreciated.

Unity 2017.1.2
    iOS 11.1

2. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

Please submit a bugreport!
    Thanks

3. sidebolt

sidebolt

When trying to create a sample project I wasn't able to reproduce the error until I included a 3rd party plugin called VText by the publisher Virtence. It is a plugin for 3D text. Interestingly just having it included in the project caused the crash, I am not even using it. I will contact the publisher about the issue.

4. MSFX

MSFX

OMG thank you so much for leaving that comment, VText still breaks iOS builds with Chinese/Korean characters even if not used!