Search Unity

Unity 2017.1.1f1 endlessly reimporting

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by fred_gds, Oct 3, 2017.

1. fred_gds

fred_gds

Hey,

I just got my new Razer Blade Laptop and I wanted to Switch to there from my old Macbook Pro. So I installed Unity 2017.1.1f1 and as expected, when I first opened the Project it reimported all the assets. Which took 5-6 hours (as it is a big iOS project) :/ So when it was done i checked that my Project worked and quit the application. Then today I wanted to get working and when I opened the Project it just restarts all the reimporting. So I guess that will take another 5-6 hours, meaning another day without work.

Which brings me to my question. Did anyone else experience this. Is it a bug or did maybe something go wrong the first time?

Best regards,

Fred

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Did you save the project before exiting the first time? Otherwise, it will just reimport again.

3. fred_gds

fred_gds

Ah thanks. That might have been the problem.

But why wouldn't unity Change this automatically?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You upgraded from a previous version and opened the project. The project was changed during the upgrade and would then need to be saved. Otherwise perhaps you then decided you didn't want to upgrade, and so quit without saving, etc. This behavior is by design.

5. fred_gds

fred_gds

ok thanks for the help/clarification :)