Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 2017.1.1 and net 4.6 has compiler errors in Monodevelop

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by nukeustwo, Oct 6, 2017.

1. nukeustwo

nukeustwo

Hi There,

I've just tried switching a small project to the .net 4.6 experimental but if I try to compile this in Monodevelop I get the errors / warnings in the attached screenshot.

I would've expected that monodevelop works out of the box for the new scripting version, am I missing some configuration step?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Which version of MonoDevelop are you using?

3. nukeustwo

nukeustwo

version 5.9.6 running from the unity install path on OSX:

/Applications/Unity_2017_11_p3/MonoDevelop.app

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

I thought that we had shipped MonoDevelop 6 or later with 2017.1, but I guess not. Please try the MonoDevelop build from this thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/monodevelop-unity-6-x-preview-builds.472058/

It should work with .NET 4.6 properly.

5. nukeustwo

nukeustwo

Thanks Josh, so I just installed 2017.1.1p4 and it is also shipped with Monodevelop 5.9.6. Perhaps there's been a mistake / regression from the .1 release with the mlnodevelop version?

Thanks for linking to a working mlnodevelop version

6. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

I don't think this was a mistake. It looks like we shipped 2017.1 with MonoDevelop 5.x on purpose, as the .NET 4.6 runtime is an experimental feature only. So I think that using the MonoDevelop 6.x version from the forum post is the proper thing to do.