Search Unity

Unity 2.0.2 just out!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by David-Helgason, Jan 31, 2008.

1. warit

warit

Sadly foreign text input problem and many other issues we reported still weren't fixed. Our question right now is, "when will the next updated be out?" because right now we can't really make our game on Unity.

Considering all our options, we might have to migrate to other product soon. :(

2. Charles Hinshaw

Charles Hinshaw

Warit -

According to the dates on the threads, you posted your thread on foreign text problems in May. This thread for 2.02 was started when it was released in January. Your phrase "text input problem and many other issues we reported" implies that these things were reported prior to the January release (and they may have been), but the support threads where you present them as newly discovered problems occur several months later. I'm confused, because it sounds like you are complaining that UT didn't go back in time and fix the problems that you uncovered and release the fixes prior to your uncovering them?

Probably just a misunderstanding though, because that can't be right.

In any case, UT people have talked about 2.1 "soonish" and that was a while ago. You might want to hang on before migrating a project that you have been working on for over half a year -- it would really suck to purchase other tools and get ready to spend months porting everything only to find out that UT released fixes in 2.1 only weeks after you made the call.

Hopefully it all works out!

3. tsphillips

tsphillips

Hang in there, warit. The next version will be ready soon, and the Unity folks have some wonderful stuff lined up.

4. AaronC

AaronC

On man, dont tease me like this! Its not fair!
    AC

5. boomaster_legacy

boomaster_legacy

I'd just like to say, NICE THREAD! Very amusing at some points (referring to TROLL moments). A new thread would be much more fitting for that topic tho. If he left good for him. (I'd love the new thread! It would be a perfect place to single out some critical comedy... ;) :D :D ) Thanks Unity Tech. for the awesome "minor" update!