Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 1.6 is out!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by David-Helgason, Nov 28, 2006.

1. terransage

terransage

Bampf wrote:
    Wow, that is pretty strange. A similar thing happened with me: One day I discovered that I couldn't import a .c4d file into Unity (the R10 version), and just two days later OTEE fixed the problem in 1.6.

StarManta wrote:
    I wholeheartedly agree, StarManta. I'm very unhappy with the policies of a particular administration that I think is making the world a more dangerous place.
    /Also end political rant.

2. Bampf

Bampf

The reason I voted for OTEE to cure hunger first was because with no wars, the setting and (dubious) inspiration for 50% of the computer games in existance goes away. Whereas there are maybe only five or so games involving world hunger. So I judged that removing hunger would have less of an impact on the game industry, giving us time for the transition.

Of course, in real life I would have gone with solving war, but since this is pure fantasy, I decided to have my cake and eat it too. :)

3. jeremyace

jeremyace

Hey,
    without war there will still be plenty of irate aliens who exist with the sole purpose to suck the faces off people and control their bodies, causing the peaceful population to again use the shotguns and assault rifles they adapted to shooting the fruit off trees to shooting the fruit off alien-possesed-zombie-psudo-humans with an attitude. The way the manufacturers intended.

We will still have plenty of violent issues to make games from.

EDIT: Humans don't do well without something virtual to shoot, stab, detonate, or laser blast. It helps take the edge off a bad day, and prevent the person from resulting to other means of releasing tension. Such as: shooting, stabbing, detonating, or laser blasting their boss.

-Jeremy

4. terransage

terransage

jeremyace wrote:
    Yeah, I may be a pacifist, but the aliens in my game are EXTREMELY evil and NEED to be blasted to smithereens by peace-loving, shotgun-toting citizens of the Earth, or else they WILL grind us into fertilizer for their carniverous mutant cyclops orchids.

5. jeremyace

jeremyace

Exactly! Being passive is only beneficial when nothing is trying to eat you.

Let those anti-gun activists brave a 10-story bug munching on their arm without wanting to reach for a gat, or rocket launcher. Seriously...

-Jeremy

6. Alpha-Loup

Alpha-Loup

Currently, due to a postal run at a school, there are ongoing discussions here in germany to make creating or playing shooter games (refered to as Killer Games by the politicians :D) count as a crime... because we all already knew... playing a shooter makes you become a senseless idiot, walking around in the public with an arsenal of ultra-deadly weaponry... killing Aliens?

If this gets through as a law... I´LL GO AND GRAB A GUN AND SHOW THOSE BAS**RDS...

7. Marble

Marble

I have gotten to the point where I can cross my eyes and pretend the nose sticking out in front of me is an automatic weapon.

8. Venkman

Venkman

Pacifism won't save you from zombies.

Zombies must be shot. Preferably with a shotgun.

9. pete

pete

at least we could feed the hungry with zombies. aliens don't taste quite as good though. now that's something they ought to outlaw... alien eating... it's disgusting...

10. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Support hunting with zombies I say!

Hm... didn't this thread start out as Unity 1.6 announcement? I know, it was eons ago already, but still... :roll:

11. pete

pete

:roll:

12. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Hey, people need something to do while waiting for the Unity 2.0 announcement. ;) That would keep us all happy for AT LEAST two weeks before we start wondering about 2.5....

--Eric

13. terransage

terransage

Eric 5h5 said:
    Not unless the aliens get to us first..... :(