Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 1.6.2 - More Better

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by David-Helgason, May 1, 2007.

1. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

Unity 1.6.2 has just been released as a free update to the 3D web-and-standalone game development tool. This release fixes a recent problem with the Mac OS X 10.4.9 update. Additionally a number of driver bugs have been worked around, and the Unity Web Player is even more stable than before.

Unity games can now stream compressed audio from the web, and lock the mouse, allowing for a better interactive web game experience. Unity supports full integration and interaction with Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape and Camino on Windows and Mac OS X (on both Intel and PPC-based Macs).

Remember: Unity provides the only cross-platform browser plugin which is able to do modern 3D graphics. Now this content can load faster, is more engaging, and more stable :)

Download it here: http://unity3d.com/unity/unity.dmg
    Release notes here: http://unity3d.com/whatsnew-1.6.html

Spread the word!

d.

2. bronxbomber92

bronxbomber92

Nice! Since I have all ready have the 1.6.2f1 version should I update?

3. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Yes. What you have is a beta version, thus you can't make web players for general public.

4. shaun

shaun

@David - you said "Unity games can now stream compressed audio from the web, and lock the mouse, allowing for a better interactive web game experience."

I thought this was already available in 1.6.1? Isn't the latest update just a 'service pack' of bug fixes and driver workarounds - i.e. no new features?

Cheers
    Shaun

5. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

It's a service pack.

d.

6. cblarsen

cblarsen

I like service packs from OTEE. They are a sign that somebody else is doing the boring work for me.

Thanks for a great product guys.

7. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Thanks very much for your fast response and support to the OS X 10.4.9 issue! This dedication is one of the things that makes OTEE and Unity stand "head and shoulders" above the competition. Thanks!

8. nafonso

nafonso

@shaunls:
    Usually, in software versioning, revision/maintenance versions (i.e. third number) are just bug fixes.

Regards,
    Afonso

9. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Is there any way you guys could use ipatcher or something to release update binarys. Its that I don't have the greatest internet conection and redownloading the entire Unity binary is very time consuming on my conection. Thanks. Jeff

10. nickavv

nickavv

Well, 1.6.1 had some new features. Glad to hear this is fixed anyways. I don't have Unity right now, but I do have 10.4.9

11. podperson

podperson

FYI your copyright notice (in Unity's About Box, and probably elsewhere) reads 2002-2006.

12. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

Thanks for the heads-up :)

d.