Search Unity

Unity 1.5 unleashed on the universe

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by David-Helgason, Jun 17, 2006.

1. marty

marty

It's good to hear that all of our evangelizing is paying off! ;-)

It sounds like you and I have played with all the same tools, and had all of the same hopes dashed. I still hold out hope for Director SW3D, but I think being in Director is what hurts SW3D most - there are just too many different people with different ideas about what Director's priorities should be. With Unity though, everyone is in agreement - Unity is about great realtime 3D.

2. Venkman

Venkman

I just got back from a company trip (no net access!) and what do I find on the Unity homepage?

HOLY SMOKES!!!

It's like you peaked into my head and built exactly what I wanted!

(or, you just listened to what your users were asking for and gave them more than they could imagine) :)

WOW. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this update. The purchase of pro was well worth it!!!

Now to throw out everything in my house that could distract me from working in Unity.

GOD THIS IS SO AWSOME!

3. jeremyace

jeremyace

I think they must have that printed on a huge sign somewhere in their office. Seems to be their mission statement.

I was going to say on their screen savers, but I doubt their machines are idle for long enough to activate a screen saver. ;-)

-Jeremy

4. Venkman

Venkman

Sorry, I must chime in again.

The lightmapping, animation blending, and my personal guilty pleasure- the glow- are all stunning work. I can't stress enough how much I love the updates. The lightmapping in particular made my simple tests look 10x better. Wowzers.

This has re-invigorated my love of 3d, given it focus and purpose. I hope to create something one day worthy of showing off on this site.

5. Morgan

Morgan

I find I want to sell a Mac game, to pay for upgrading to Pro... hmmm isn't that backwards thinking? :)

6. drJones

drJones

wow, nice. thanks aarku et al ; )

i'll see if i have anything grabbed from the forums that's not in there.

7. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

Actually, that was part of the original path we planned before 1.0...

Ship an indie game, use the money to buy PRO, slap on some glow get some more sales from a boosted 1.1 version as well as windows...

8. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Aha, you've finally filled in the illusory 2nd step in the Gnome's business model.

Phase 1: Collect underpants
    Phase 2: Create underpants game
    Phase 3: Profit!

(apologies to anyone who doesn't watch South Park)

9. Morgan

Morgan

Yes, but my plan ends with getting Pro :D

No doubt I should look further than that, and sell something I did WITH Pro!

10. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

I go backpacking for two weeks and look what happens. You guys don't sleep much do you? :p

Looks awesome !!

11. Morgan

Morgan

I think the Web site said they only had 2 beds. And they grew to 6 people with no mention of adding additional beds--so no, not a lot of sleep. Mostly just work and laundry, it would seem.

12. Sync1B

Sync1B

rofl