Search Unity

UNITS ADS NOT WORKING!!!

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by CoolCosmos, Apr 7, 2021.

1. CoolCosmos

CoolCosmos

Units ads is working properly on editor. It was also working good on previous version of game. But now i shared a new version and its not working. That's hearth breaking issue as there's no reason for it to not work.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  2. CoolCosmos

CoolCosmos

if u ask for why unity ads not working, unity team doesn't even bother to reply.

if you ask an easy and non-important question, unity team replies.

3. GFHTking1

GFHTking1

True my brother it's the sad truth but you didn't find a solution for this now

4. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

We had a brief outage earlier this week, but service should be fully operational now :)

5. CoolCosmos

CoolCosmos

Hi @kyle-unity thanks for info.

I just saw your reply and run my game from my phone to see if ads are showing up but unfortunately there are still no ads.

6. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

Can you share a device log from your phone? There should be an error explaining what the problem is.

7. CoolCosmos

CoolCosmos

i don't know how to reach logs. :(

8. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

CoolCosmos likes this.
  9. Atoes

Atoes

I am getting this same issue as well with my ads. In the editor the test ads show up fine but when I build to android, the ads don't show at all, the button is also un-interactive. I made some ui texts to tell the state of my advertisment
    my surfacing id is correct, my game id is correct, it is in test mode and it is supported. But it is not initialized.

here is my debug log

I set it so if the Advertisement is not initialized, it would keep trying so you'll see a spam of initializing

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    CoolCosmos likes this.
  10. CoolCosmos

CoolCosmos

Please inform me if you find any solutions. I gave up on trying to fix it.

11. Atoes

Atoes

12. Atoes

Atoes

Hello is there any updates on this issue? I attached the Debug log above

13. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Atoes

Based on the log provided, it looks like you have the Ads SDK integrated multiple times in your project. This will lead to errors and unexpected behavior.

If you are using a modern version of Unity, you only need to install the Advertisements package from Package Manager. You do not need to install the package from the Asset Store. You also need to make sure you delete the Asset Store package if you are migrating to the Package Manager integration.

CoolCosmos likes this.
  14. Atoes

Atoes

I had installed the package from the asset store first, but i deleted that out. Maybe i missed some files. Do you know what files the asset store version puts in?

15. CoolCosmos

CoolCosmos

I deleted asset store package because i have already enabled it by service in editor. But it didn't fix problem because there were still some folders which were causing problem.

So i have created a new unity project and transfer my Assets folder into it. And then opened the new project. It took a while for it to install assets. Then its loaded as i set it up on former project. All i need to do was to assign layers and set collisions. Then i enabled the Unity Ads from Package Manager. Then exported project as apk format. And its now showing ads on mobile too. Thanks dude.

jussikuosa_unity likes this.