Search Unity

Unite Now Q&A - Deliver Your Game Content via the Cloud

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by AskCarol, May 8, 2020.

1. AskCarol

AskCarol

Unite Now Session
    Our new Cloud Content Delivery solution is engine-agnostic and cost-effective for developers who want to get the right content to the right users. Join us to learn how it will fit into your existing workflows, including how it works with features like the Addressable Asset System.

When
    Thu, May 28, 9:00 AM PT

Where
    You can watch the session here!
    Make sure to sign up to get access to all Unite Now content.

Together with this Unite Now session we are also hosting a Q&A here in this thread to answer as many of your questions as possible.

A team of product experts from across Unity will be available starting after the session. Our Community team will continue to field questions to foster an ongoing discussion with the community. Please feel free to ask your questions in this thread.

Some basic rules
    • Don’t bundle multiple unrelated questions in one reply. One question/topic per reply.

• Only questions related to the topics of the session are permitted.

• All questions will be fielded by our Community Managers (@LeonhardP and @AskCarol)
      • Replies will have to be approved by the moderators to show up in the thread.

• Once approved, the questions will be forwarded to the relevant experts.

We really look forward to hearing from the community.

Thank you!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  2. ccamfield_sago

ccamfield_sago

Does the CDN have servers to support China in a hassle-free way?

AskCarol likes this.
  3. ArturoNereuUnity

ArturoNereuUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello, we don’t have anything at the moment, but are actively working on supporting the country with our service.

4. hochuls

hochuls

Hello, I'd like to use Addressables with CCD. Since I am using Unity Cloud Build, I'd like to automate uploading Addressables bundle to CCD. From the documentation, https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.addressables@1.13/manual/AddressablesCCD.html, it only explains using CLI to upload the file manually.

Is there any way I can upload built bundle to CCD from Unity Cloud Build? I've seen different option from this video(
    ) which is 'Use an Addressables Profile to upload the content after building' but it is not visible from my dashboard, maybe this is the feature I can use soon(then when?)?

5. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

@hochuls - sorry, I completely missed your question in this thread. In general, it would be helpful to create a separate post to ask questions (my team gets notified for all new posts in this forum section, but wont get notifications for old threads we aren't already participating in).

Anyway, to answer your question yes this Cloud Build integration should be publicly available to all projects using CCD. Can you check again whether it's visible for you? There were some changes that went out there recently to fix access to those features. If it's still not visible, send me a DM with your project guid and we'll get you sorted out.

6. Jakob

Jakob

Hi,

We have a kids app currently published and it is a app that contains games and tons of videos and music also animated books made as assetbundles. The current solution is using amazon webservices and and amazon cloudfront to deliver the content to the users.

Is this something that would be a good fit for Unity cloud content delivery? Can we do all of the same things that we are currently doing with amazon webservices?

My guess is that streaming videos might not be the correct use for Unity CDN.

Kind regards,
    Jakob

@dannyd

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  7. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

@Jakob there's no reason you can't serve streaming video content through Cloud Content Delivery. If you run into any trouble getting set up, let us know!

8. Jakob

Jakob

Thanks for answering @dannyd Great! I will look into using this instead of amazon.