Search Unity

Official Unite Now - Improve your Animation Workflow with Animation Rigging

Discussion in 'Animation' started by AskCarol, Jun 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AskCarol

AskCarol

Feel free to post your questions before, after and during the session.

Unite Now Session

Find out how the Animation Rigging package can improve animation in your project via better tools and more flexible workflows. Discover how to setup a character, and harness both runtime rigging and animation authoring in this practical demonstration aimed at riggers, animators, and cinematic designers.

When
    Thu, June 25, 9:00 AM PT

Where
    You can watch the session here!
    Make sure to sign up to get access to all Unite Now content.

A team of product experts from across Unity will be available during and after the session. Our Community team will continue to field questions to foster an ongoing discussion with the community. Please feel free to ask your questions in this thread.

Some basic rules

• Only questions related to the topics of the session are permitted.

• All questions will be fielded by our Community Managers (@LeonhardP and @AskCarol)
      • Replies will have to be approved by the moderators to show up in the thread.

• Once approved, the questions will be forwarded to the relevant experts.

We really look forward to hearing from the community.

Thank you!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  2. sinjinn

sinjinn

is this in 34 minutes or 1hr and 34 minutes.

3. Reifus_Strip

Reifus_Strip

blender??

Bordeaux_Fox likes this.
  4. AskCarol

AskCarol

The sessions are on-demand so you can view them anytime at your leisure :)

5. sinjinn

sinjinn

very good session.

cirocontinisio and AskCarol like this.
  6. wholebitmedia7

wholebitmedia7

I'm wondering how to deal with an object that's somehow had its hierarchy stripped but still has all of the same animation clips working from import. Is there some way to bake the animation and be able to fix the hierarchy to be able to get rigs?
    Untitled-1.jpg

emoney101skeleton likes this.
  7. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

Crazy, right? :) But you can use any DCC tool, that was only my choice.

I'm a bit confused by this, what do you mean? How did it happen? Maybe there's a way to fix it in the first place.

In any case, the hierarchy of bones should be all under one object that has an Animator component.

Bordeaux_Fox likes this.
  8. quocnam

quocnam

Animation Rigging Package not found in new U 2020.1 version .Why ? How to install it ?

9. GameKitten

GameKitten

Hi,

The documentation says the 2020.1 has animation rigging, when i open the Package Manager, it doesn't exist, there is not even the button to enable preview packages.

10. sinjinn

sinjinn

In package manager click on gear icon next to search bar.
    click Advanced project settings
    Enable preview packages checkbox

cirocontinisio likes this.
  11. GameKitten

GameKitten

Thanks, i found it, but unfortunately im getting the high cpu usage bug on linux with 2020.1, going back to 2019 lts.

12. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

Thanks sinjinn for coming to the rescue!
    Yes, until Animation Rigging becomes a verified package, you'll find it under Preview packages. So in 2020.1 you'll need to enable them in the Project Settings as detailed above.

sinjinn likes this.
  13. sinjinn

sinjinn

cirocontinisio likes this.
  14. MattFS

MattFS

Hi cirocontinisio, just curious if there's a roadmap or something like this to get an idea when this might be a 'verified package'? It all looks promising, both the examples I've seen and what I've been able to play with... therefore interested to know what the plans are!

Thanks

15. Laiken

Laiken

I discovered this tool yesterday and I have to say that this is quite amazing! Thank you so much for making this available!

One question: I noticed that there's a small cpu cost even if all your weights are 0 or if the rigs are ticked off from the Rig Builder component. This cost disappears when you tick off the Rig Builder component, and is smaller if you have less contraints added. While the performance of this tool is drastically better than another IK asset that I tested before, I was wondering if it's possible to make only the active constraints use cpu resources.

And thanks again!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  16. sinjinn

sinjinn

This is a great video. Are there any plans for follow up tutorials? I especially would like to get started on using Bolt and Animation rigging. I think it would be very useful for artists.

17. tacman1123

tacman1123

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  18. tacman1123

tacman1123

I'm trying to follow along, and am stuck getting started. I create a new 3D project in Unity 2020.1, and import the Adventure Sample Game. Then I open the Market Demo scene, which is where you start the tutorial. But there are a lot of errors at this point. I'd love to follow along with the video, is there a more current starting project to use?

Thanks, the new Animation Rigging looks very exciting.

19. AMNOD

AMNOD

@cirocontinisio I have a problem with the workflow of the multi-parent constraint. The constrained object should always be a child to the gameobject object with the animator component (otherwise it produces an error) which doesn't make sense since this constraint would mainly be used to interact with world objects which aren't necessarily children to the player's game object. Is there a work around to that ?
    upload_2020-12-5_4-18-39.png

20. diliupg

diliupg

Almost everything described in that video doesn't work with Unity 2020.1 upwards. All these Tutorials are almost useless as Unity has changed the packages in a way that the tutorials don't work. What a shame, waste of time etc.

21. SUfIaNAHMAD_

SUfIaNAHMAD_

Animations with the humanoid rig were not giving me the bake skeleton option when I switched to generic it works fine. I am curious if the animation rig cannot bake humanoid animations?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.