Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Unite Now - Educators Building the Future: Lessons from the Front Lines

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by AskCarol, May 27, 2020.

1. AskCarol

AskCarol

Feel free to post your questions before, after and during the session.

Unite Now Session

What’s coming up for the next generation of students? Hear from leading innovators in education – across higher ed, non-profit, and YouTube – on how they’re equipping students with valuable game and XR development skills to prepare for the future.

When
    Thu, June 4@9:00 AM PT

Where
    You can watch the session here!
    Make sure to sign up to get access to all Unite Now content.

A team of product experts from across Unity will be available during and after the session. Our Community team will continue to field questions to foster an ongoing discussion with the community. Please feel free to ask your questions in this thread.

Some basic rules

• Only questions related to the topics of the session are permitted.

• All questions will be fielded by our Community Managers (@LeonhardP and @AskCarol)
      • Replies will have to be approved by the moderators to show up in the thread.

• Once approved, the questions will be forwarded to the relevant experts.

We really look forward to hearing from the community.

Thank you!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    M_MG_S likes this.
  2. markasuter

markasuter

I can't wait for this session! These live sessions for educators are much appreciated.

AskCarol likes this.
  3. pfiguero

pfiguero

Thanks for the session! Here we can find two excellent teaching experiences, one delivered through YouTube and one from a more traditional venue. I wonder if we could chat about the advantages and disadvantages that they see in each one of these learning venues, in particular to gain an in-depth understanding of the media possibilities and the current technologies.

C-Through and AskCarol like this.
  4. C-Through

C-Through

Hey pfiguero! This is Andrew. That's a good question. The main advantage for me is making the content relevant. Since XR is an everchanging space, it takes a lot of extra work to stay up-to-date. Through my personal, and professional work I get the opportunity to explore the technology and then share that knowledge with others. A downside of this may be the lack of a linear learning path. It's project-based or SDK based and assumes the learner has some understanding of the tools and the VR experience. So, it can be a bit overwhelming for the entry-level learner.

5. pfiguero

pfiguero

Thanks for your answer Andrew! Good luck with your work! :)

6. RonHClemons

RonHClemons

i like your work