Search Unity

Unite Austin 2017 - Writing High Performance C# Scripts - Question about talk

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by KYL3R, Mar 6, 2018.

1. KYL3R

KYL3R

I watched the Talk and have some Questions so far:

In this image, is this a mistake? Is the "prefab" meant to be the "minionPrefab" ? Otherwise I don't understand what's happening.

And here, deleting one-bye-one, you call Destroy on the entity. But deleting all entities in batch doesn't make sense to me, if it's not a typo. I expect the batched call to receive the entityArray. Like in C and C++, you can delete an array like this using delete[] insead of delete.

pt = new MyClass[3];
    delete[] pt;

I am really interested in the talk and it's quite long, going into detail. I want to fully understand it so please excuse my nitpicky questions.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Without actually testing, yes it looks like it should be prefab or minionprefab (both should be the same). Does it work for you? Same with your last question, does it work for you?

3. KYL3R

KYL3R

Haven't tried it yet. Is the "nordeus rts tech demo" available somewhere? Or is there an example Project?

4. Baste

Baste

If you want to keep up to date on the job system and the ECS system, there's a lot of info that keeps popping up in the 2018 beta forums. The ECS system is not available in any betas yet, but somebody from Unity (forget who) said that it would get it's own beta forum once it can be tested.

For your question, it looks like a bug in the code. @Joachim_Ante would know for sure, since he's the one that held the talk!

5. KYL3R

KYL3R