Search Unity

Unite 2019 Europe information

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jvo3dc, Jun 17, 2019.

1. jvo3dc

jvo3dc

We know that Unite 2019 Europe will be held:
    - in Copenhagen.
    - on September 24, 25 and 26.

Is there any prediction on when more information will be available? Some base information on the rough schedule would be very welcome, so we can start planning things. (Three days of conference or maybe two days of conference and a (optional) training day?)

ROBYER1 likes this.
  2. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

I would also like to know more as I will be looking into booking travel arrangements for this soon.

3. sroq

sroq

Hi Unity guys, can you provide any infos about this event? Less then 3 months to 23 sept. Thanks in advance.

4. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Information about Unite in India wasn't made available until 2 weeks before the actual event, that's too short of a notice. It appears Unite is now more of a local event (hence multiple events/locations?)

I'd like to go to Copenhagen but at this point I still can't decide if its worthwhile or not due to the lack of a program.

5. lpiljek

lpiljek

Come on guys this is getting ridiculous. We need some info to organise a business trip. Are you really going to force us to book a last minute flight/accommodations?

ROBYER1 likes this.
  6. Ryiah

Ryiah

What information do you need other than the city (Copenhagen, Denmark), the building (The Bella Center), and the dates (September 24th - 26th) that the event is occurring on?

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...gies-Unveils-2019-Developer-Conference-Lineup

7. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Please do not follow the dates from Ryiah, the correct dates are September 23rd - 26th as shown here https://unite.unity.com/

I have been in touch with the events team and a more detailed website with registration will be coming soon.

I have booked my trip now as I was given confirmation of those dates

lpiljek likes this.
  8. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hey folks,

I've been informed that information is coming real shortly. Thank you for being patient thus far <3

ROBYER1 likes this.
  9. lpiljek

lpiljek

Well for starters the link you provided clearly has wrong information since on the Unite official site it says the dates are 23th - 26th so I am hesitant to trust anything else that is not officially announced by Unity.
    Second, even if the dates were to be trusted I still need to know if the first day is going to be something like a training day (that we can skip) or maybe just a keynote late in the afternoon (like it was the case a couple of years ago) so we can fly in on Monday morning instead of Sunday, the day before. We do have a limited budget (unbelievable I know). Third, I would like to know if there were going to be accommodations organised (reserved) or at least recommended as a part of the conference event (this was also the case in previous years).
    And finally I would like to know the price for tickets (and maybe different kinds of tickets if they do that).

ROBYER1 likes this.
  10. Ryiah

Ryiah

Hope you enjoy not being able to buy those tickets as early as you wanted then because Unity has a history of being very last minute with the actual information needed. You'd think a company that has been regularly hosting events would be better about it.

Antypodish likes this.
  11. Antypodish

Antypodish

Feels a bit, like Unity is targeting only most determined and reachest Unite audience. :)

12. TheGaul

TheGaul

A better idea is to visit Copenhagen and not go to the Unite conference. With the money you saved you could have a day out at Tivoli gardens.

lpiljek likes this.
  13. Ryiah

Ryiah

Unite is just as much about networking as it is listening to the talks. It's not like it's an expensive event either. Clearly the answer here is to do both. Visit Unite and then stay a couple days longer as a vacation to let your mind mull over the info before you head back.

14. Antypodish

Antypodish

In worse case scenario, when flight tickets are bought and dates are change, time can be used as holiday:)

But as for networking I would definitely go out evenings. It tends to be fun on similar events in my experience.

15. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

jvo3dc, Antypodish and elbows like this.
  16. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

A Moon Shaped Bool Unity Legend

I live about 10 minutes away from the venue; i'll try and be there! :D

Zarconis and ROBYER1 like this.
  17. Zarconis

Zarconis

I might actually go for once, see ya there ;).!

18. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

I'm actually quite excited to see @Andy-Touch in person. It's been a while!

19. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

A Moon Shaped Bool Unity Legend

UnityMaru likes this.