Search Unity

Unite 2008

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HiggyB, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Joe-Robins

Joe-Robins

Unity Technologies

Not long now guys! :) really looking forward to it.. It seems that a large majority are staying at the Savoy... is anyone at the "cabbinn" ? that is where I am going to be.

Good point about the power supply issue, I totally forgot about that side of things... I'd best get that organised this week when I go to get my monies from the bank :)

2. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

Yeah, only a few days left. Damn exciting! :)

Martin (who stays in the Savoy)

3. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

I'm crashing at Unity HQ myself and can't wait to see everyone next week!

4. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Unite 2008: Agenda
    This page now features a full list of sessions and a day-by-day calendar of events. Check it out as we just added the last two sessions, one about the bug submission process by our QA guru Sam Kalman and the other a killer topic by Rune (forum regular) and getting characters to walk on uneven surfaces, it's very impressive stuff.

Unite 2008: Unity Mingle
    This year we've got not just one, but two mingle events! On both Wednesday and Thursday nights we've planned some social events right after the conference ends so everyone can have a chance to unwind, chill out and get to know their fellow Unity users. Both locations are within easy walking distance of the conference location (5 minutes or less).

It's getting close! :D

5. Jessy

Jessy

That agenda looks fantastic.

6. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

If you are still thinking about coming to Unite 2008 next week then you better hurry up as we are very close to selling out! We have just under 20 tickets left so time and space are quite short, make the decision, buy your tickets and be here for next week's great conference! If folks have any questions about Unite 2008, especially about ticket availability, then please feel free to get in touch with me directly.

Man it's gonna be cool next week, don't miss out! :D

7. ChromeFly

ChromeFly

So approximately how many are signed up this year so far?

8. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

This year we're expecting 140-150 attendees, not including Unity Technologies nor Unity Studios staff. It's roughly twice the size of last year's conference. :D

9. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

Haha, damn I'm glad I just ordered 250 new business cards and not only 100... LOL :)

10. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

Martin: If you run out, we've got a crayon tech. project in the collaboration forum which you might be interested in.

11. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Martin is gonna be the business card spammer of the event, lol. Just make a suit out of your cards, folks can walk up and tear 'em off... (just wear clothes underneath!)

Giddy with excitement? I am. :D

12. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

Hahaha :)

Will offer the blank backside of my cards for Angry Ant as canvas for his crayons!

But yeah Tom, ultra excited! :)

13. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

14. MentalFish

MentalFish

I am really looking forward to meet you guys and also to learn new techniques in Unity, just a few more days now! :D

15. Thomas-Lund

Thomas-Lund

Damn exciting.

I've attended a few IGCs (GarageGames conference) and it was super duper stuff in the old days.

My hope is that Unite will catch that indie spirit again and at least be on par with the early IGCs.

Cant wait now!!

Regarding Mac stores/Humac. There is a Humac maybe 2 minutes walk from the planetarium on Vesterbrogade. So no worries if you need adapters or anything.

16. wuwu

wuwu

hiya,

so its so close i can feel it and reach out!!

i know unity is going to give out CDs the day before in order for us to study a bit, but i have only been able to find a plane for one day ahead so i will be in Coppenhagen on tuesday around 5PM will there be a way for me to pick up that CD at that point or would unity be so kind to send it to my hostel that i am staying at :p
    well thats not really necessary though i really would like to get my hands on it that night when i come in, so what do u suggest :)

17. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Ummm, no we won't. :p Show up the day of, attend the sessions, then all materials will get posted to the website after the conference for you to review. Doors open at 9am, I'll be there before then but will be busy as ever getting ready for everyone. :)

18. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

Just a note, I just went there and they didn't have nice long cords or know of anywhere to get them without buying a whole power supply. (Hmm... I guess three *could* be handy in some cases...) Only the little stumps. D'oh.

-Jon

19. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

You shouldn't actually need to get one of the Apple™ brand socket adapters. Your apple power adapter should be able to handle both US EU power.

Most standard electronic devices (in Europe UK?) seem to use the same input for power. The cables are the same for all my HDDs and my printers.

So you could get any EU electronics power lead (The one above has a UK, not EU, plug end showing - but the device end connector is the same), and it should fit as standard.

On the other hand you should just be able to pick up a plug end adapter in any airport:

Your departure airport would be best as they expect you to need it, and know what plug type (In your case, North American Edison?) you need adapted.

20. wuwu

wuwu

i shall be there @ 5am XD

jk thanks for the answer ignore my mail than :p

21. Matt_RKLS

Matt_RKLS

Hey Charles... just saw your post about getting in town a few days early because of lower fares. I did the same thing (arrived here yesterday afternoon) and I'm staying at the Savoy. If you, or anyone else who is here early, wants to meet up for a drink and some shop talk prior to the conference, let me know. It will save me from another evening of Burger King and answering the emails I a supposed to be ignoring while at this conference :eek:

-- Matt
    mjohnson@redknightlearning.com

22. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

Yea who's in town atm? I'm feeling kinda thirsty...

23. Charles Hinshaw

Charles Hinshaw

I'm here. Arrived this morning.

24. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

And he's walkin' around the office right now. :)

Unfortunately I'm very tight on time as there's just so much to do to get ready for Unite. Scare up some others and make a plan and I might show up (might, no promises this time Emil! :p )

25. Ricko

Ricko

I'm just getting on my first flight shortly. I should be at the Savoy by mid-afternoon Tuesday.

Let me know if there are any plans Tuesday evening. I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

Ricko

26. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

I've got a feeling that there just might be... :wink:

I sorta rudely hijacked Omars thread here: http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=99767#99767

I'm thinking that now I stole it, we might as well use it for arranging pre-unite meets rather than spamming the announce thread.

27. IPete

IPete

Hey guys,

I'm gonna be in town tomorrow pm. Looking forwards to meeting you all at Unite 2008.

Cya there.

28. 1stAnd10

1stAnd10

Can't wait to see what gets announced at Unite! You guys be sure to bring something home in addition to a hangover. :D

29. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

just arrived in the Savoy Hotel. Hey, Wireless Internet here! :)

30. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Feel the excitement yet? :D

31. blikstad

blikstad

Cool, I'm still at the Stockholm airport but my plane should leave soon so see ya in a bit!

32. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

I can just only say: Rock'n'Roooooooooll... :)

Just parked my car near the Tycho and walked by the Tycho to the Savoy. Looks good the Tycho. Are you UT guys already in? Will go out for a walk soon disover the area around.

Hey to all Savoy people: There's a supermarket right before the Savoy!

33. OXYGEN

OXYGEN

hey dont forget your poor cousons who cant attend so keep us posted with whats going on guys

34. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

I did a building walkthrough earlier today and I'll be there again tonight finalizing set-up (no, that's not an invitation to stop by as I'll be very busy :) ).

We'll have wireless, folks can post/blog and we'll of course be doing the same ourselves (when we have time!).

35. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

Haha, don't want to stop you Tom! :)

Will the conf take place in the large restaurant tomorrow? Main entrance or the restaurant entrance left to the main entrance? Questions over questions... Maybe I should just see tomorrow morning where the long row is... :)

36. jashan

jashan

well, i guess you'll just have to follow the savoy-pack :) how many are we? 10? 20? I really like that it's just about a 3.5 minute walk ... And yes, my phone seems to not have an enter key :)

37. IPete

IPete

I have arrived in Copenhagen.

Staying at Bertrams Guldsmeden - about 10 mins walk south west of tycho Brahe
    I am very very excited - and have wireless Internet too. Now I'm hungry.

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow bright and early.

38. drJones

drJones

so wish i could be there!

have lots of fun everybody catch you at the next one ; )

39. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

Is the month of October always going to be the month for the annual Unite?

Ray

40. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

We are not in the restaurant, use the main entrance by the corner.

Go in this door:

It's tough to say it will "always" be in October but we're planning these on a roughly yearly basis and that seems to target October of each year. But that's not to say it's some hard and fast rule...

41. Ryuuguu

Ryuuguu

Savoy Hotellers. Anyone else who can't sleep see you downn't stairs at breakfast:)

42. jashan

jashan

breakfast-time for me now :)

43. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Pfft, y'all are just now waking up? I hardly slept. :)

See you soon! 8)

44. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

I guess you guys got home early last night huh? Registration closes at 09:59 right? all right then... :p

45. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

Will you publish the videos of what will happen there? that would be nice, especially for who can't make it (next time if you get closer to the bay area would be great :p btw Tom, do you have openings in SF? :p)

46. aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan

I'm thinking the guys will be pretty busy for the rest of the day. :) So...
    The plan was to put the videos online (like the last event), but it will probably be awhile before that happens. After all, people paid a lot of money to get in there and hear these talks, not just mingle. :) (Although good connections made during the mingling would arguably be worth far more.)

47. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Yes, we'll be posting videos of all the sessions except the Road Map/Wish List one as we feel that's a bonus for those in attendance. The keynote will be up later today, the others will follow in the coming weeks.

FYI, Unite 2007 was held in San Francisco last October. :) As to openings in SF, we had one for a sales person but that's now all but closed, sorry!

(sent from the Unite '08 conference floor! :) )

48. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

Partially agree....i can't take even 2 days to move anywhere at work ;) otherwise i would love to go and be there in person ^_^

Thanks Bob; I know that last year the event was in SF; but i got the product after, so when i heard of it it was already gone...so i missed it :(
    I am not into sale,but If you get positions for SW engineers would be nice ^_^ i am seriously thinking to leave my company for a new adventure, if i find the right one :D

49. iBrent

iBrent

Is anyone blogging live from Unite? If so, what are your links?

Thanks,

iBrent

50. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck