Search Unity

Unite 2007: Agenda Changes + Unity Mingle Info

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HiggyB, Oct 9, 2007.

1. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

As folks know, Unite 2007 is this week and I'm here to share a few last-minute agenda changes as well as some information about the conference party, the Unity Mingle.

Agenda Changes
    With the coming release of Unity 2.0 we're introducing an entire new way of doing in-game GUI development. As such we thought it would be wise to have a session to instruct folks on how folks can maximize those new capabilities. To make room for this new session we had to remove one of the previously listed sessions. Additionally, there was a time switch for third session in order to have the new GUI-related session on day 1. The Unite Agenda page on our website is up-to-date and reflects all current information. Here is a summary of the agenda changes made.

New Session:
    In-Game GUI Made Easy (Nicholas Francis)
    No matter what type of game you want to create, having a slick and easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI) is an important ingredient for success. This session will discuss how developers can utilize the new in-game GUI development tools found in Unity 2.0 to quickly create effective and engaging user interface elements.

Canceled Session:
    Creating Great Game Play Quickly (Nicholas Francis)
    When creating games there are a number of simple techniques that can be used to minimize development effort while maximizing game play quality for the end-user. This session will discuss how developers can use the tools provided by Unity in order to get the most "bang for the buck" out of their efforts and create great games.

Schedule Changes:
    In-Game GUI Made Easy
    Added to Wednesday, October 10th, 11:30am-12:30pm

Workflow and Asset Pipeline Tips
    Moved to Friday, October 12th, 10:15-11:15am

Unity Mingle
    We now have news and information about the Unite social event! Please check the Unite Events page on our website for all the details, but here is a quick summary of the conference party.

Unity Mingle at Bocce Cafe
    Thursday, October 11th, 7:00pm until 10:00pm

Bocce Cafe | Google Map
    478 Green Street
    San Francisco, CA 94133

The Unity Mingle is open to all conference attendees, simply show up and join us for an evening of socializing, food and drinks.

This event is being co-sponsored by OTEE and the great folks at Flashbang Studios. Not only are they avid users of Unity, but they are also a great place to download games so check out their site today!

2. User340

User340

Shouldn't this say Thursday, October 11th instead of 12th?

3. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Oh, darn, I really need to learn this and I'll be 3,000 miles away! Any chance you'll publish transcripts or videos of the presentations?

4. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Yes! It's now fixed here on the forums and I'll fix it on the website soon, thanks Daniel. For those at the conference we will of course make an announcement tomorrow morning so everyone knows the deal.

Yes, we're going to post presentation materials and videos some time after the conference. :)

5. dacloo

dacloo

Thanks for the great food drinks!

6. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

You're quite welcome, I believe that good, no great times were had by all! I have some pics to post so look for those some time soon (I think I'll start a Unite pics thread in the Gossip area).

7. Raptor5399

Raptor5399

Looking forward to those presentations goodies. :>

CEH