Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Video Tutorials need revising

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by DarkEcho, Sep 4, 2014.

1. DarkEcho

DarkEcho

I feel some video tutorials need revising.
    I have just gone through the Class tutorial 3 times and I still don't get it. The key problems there was a lack of concept (Explaining what a Class 'is' and defining what's the different between a Class and Script). I feel like there needs to be more illustrations explainging the concept.

Another issue is he was going TO FAST! He was doing a 'Jason'*. I had to half the Youtube Video to half speed just to keep up and understand. (I recommend doing this, however when slowed down, he sounds VERY depressed, but you can understand him better)

Before that I went through the Inherit tutorial and it was perfect, he kept a good pace of talking and showed illustrations to show the concept of the tutorial. Well done to him! I understood it very well.

Also do check the comments of the videos, they raise some very valid points.

*'Jason'
    Jason was my Networking teacher in college. When explaining something he was talking to fast in a way he didn't care (and he didn't) and the class (including me) never fully understood what he was talking about.