Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

unishell: An interactive C# shell for the Unity Editor

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by rjevans, Aug 7, 2012.

1. rjevans

rjevans

Hi all,

I started work on a little interactive C# console for the editor this morning, and it's useful enough that I thought I'd post it and get feedback from folks.

You can checkout the source from github here:
    https://github.com/rje/unishell

Or you can download a unitypackage that's ready to be imported into a project from here:
    https://github.com/downloads/rje/unishell/Interactive_Shell-0.1.unitypackage.zip

The readme on the front page of the github project has a bit of documentation to get you started, you can type "help" into the text field to get a command listing, or you can just start typing c# statements/expressions and play with the output.

Thanks for taking a look, feel free to suggest changes/additions, and feel free to send pull requests on github!

Cheers!

2. rjevans

rjevans

Just posted v0.2, new features:
    * Config object to let you define a set of scripts (text assets) to pre-load into the shell and set your preferred shell colors
    * Added a 'reload' command in the shell to force reload your scripts
    * Added documentation to the github page about script functions

For more info you can see the docs and source here or just download the unitypackage from here

3. Ghopper21

Ghopper21

Hi rjevans -- thanks for sharing this. I'm excited to get this working, as it will be very useful. So far, I haven't gotten it working. I'm a Mac. I can install the package and open the interactive shell without apparent problem. But when I type anything into the command line and hit enter, it just disappears and nothing else happens. How can I help you debug this?