Search Unity

UniRPG Tile Ed

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Leslie-Young, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I just wanted to say that I got this some time ago and I have just started using it. Leslie has given prompt and very clear help in getting me started with it. And now I am addicted. Great product. I hope many more developers make sets that work with this.

2. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Can you make a video for the new scifi pack like you did for the Bitgem please?

3. sefou

sefou

Hello dreamlarp,

with Sci-fi environment pack , you have nothing to do ; the PrefabDB ( here , TileDB ) is ready to use :

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  4. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

TYVM, I just noticed that. And I was going to build the whole thing from scratch. LOL this is an amazing set.

Opps spoke too soon my TileDB has a compile error. I'm checking into that now.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  5. jonkuze

jonkuze

I love Tile Ed! Thanks Leslie for creating such an awesome asset, which happens to be a perfect map building tool for my UnityAGK: Action Game Kit! http://unityagk.com.

*Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEIViAygNJA where I featured it in my Stage Setup Tutorial for UnityAGK! Thanks again! :cool:

$unirgp_promo.png

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  6. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I got the scifi env pack. He sent me the all ready set up database.

TileEd was up to date and imported but still the TileDB still gives the error message. It is missing the DB script. The error message is"

The associated script could not be loaded. Please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script.

But there was no compile errors. and how do i attach that script?

7. jonkuze

jonkuze

Hmmm weird I didnt get any errors, maybe try to start from a new project? Import everything again...

8. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I did that. Its not that it does not work, it does its the database that I get from the scifi pack.

9. sefou

sefou

Hi dreamlarp,
    in case using Unity 4 , you must PM to SCi-fi environment pack's developer .

10. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I have and he is still trying to figure out why.

11. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Install Tile Ed first and extract the Unity 3 or 4 DLLs. Now install the pack related to the Unity version you are using, if they provide different versions of the pack.

It might be best to ask for support in the art pack's support thread since they might not be watching this thread.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  12. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

He helped me get it working. I just wanted to say this kit is great. I hope many more developers make assets for this kit.

13. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Has anyone made a terrain set for this kit yet? There are some amazing dungeon sets but I can't find anything on terrains.

14. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

I do not know of any terrain sets,

15. sefou

sefou

Hi Leslie Young,

is it possible merging 2 different prefabDB ?

16. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

No, there is no merging function available.

17. erectician

erectician

Hi Leslie,
    Just purchased this package and im quite excited to use it.
    My problem is when I try to assign one of your dungeon tiles for the auto-tile slots, it gives the error; "Not a Valid TilePiece prefab"
    Any assistance would be very appreciated. Thank you.

18. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Did you attached the tile script to them? Or watch the video?

19. erectician

erectician

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVqaRHxJbLg
    Thats the video I have watched. Followed step by step, but no cookies. Just that error message.

20. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

You need to add the TilePiece component to any prefab that should be a Tile prefab. Select the prefab and then look in the menu under Components for TilePiece and click that to add the component.

21. erectician

erectician

UGH awesome! thank you so much.

22. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

NP. I am a non artistic person but this kit makes it easy. I do wish more artist would make assets for this kit.

23. erectician

erectician

Sorry to keep asking, but another problem I cant seem to solve.
    I've followed all the tutorials and videos about 30 times now, but im constantly getting the same problem. The character will spawn but falls through the floor. I even plopped the same model and that one doesnt. Its only the player character that falls through.
    Any ideas? Thanks.

24. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Your character controller probably requires a collision in the floor and the tiles do not have any colliders on them. I would suggest to not add a collier to each tile but to rather create one big one to cover the surface of the floor. Simplest is to create a box (via Unity's menu), scale and posiion it as needed and then disable or remove the renderer component since you only want the box collider component.

25. Harry Nguyen

Harry Nguyen

Please help me.
    I have same prolem of Wheretheidivides . I not find way resolve it. You can help me?

26. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

You need to put a TIlePiece component onto any prefab that should be a tile.

27. Harry Nguyen

Harry Nguyen

Ok I done it. Thanks Support :D

28. im

im

bought it the other day and ran into trouble cause the tutorial were for earlier release it just wouldnt work

so was the tutorial updated yet?

29. hike1

hike1

I put a tilepiece script on all the prefabs, they can be selected but don't appear or make dungeons

Attached Files:

30. hike1

hike1

After a couple of hours reinstalling and clicking, I got it to 'flood fill', then I could make a wall. won't make a single tile, won't delete anything

Attached Files:

31. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Any errors messages in the console? Also, it seems you do not have a tile selected so you would not be able to paint. Click on the tile in the inspector.

Here is a new video I recorded just now.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  32. hike1

hike1

Thanks,n ow I get it. the trick is to make a prefab out of your database ( unless you like doing over every time) and in auto tiles just ask for the
    'autotiles' set, if you ask for 'all' or 'some other single tileset' you made, you won't get the single floor choice and you won't make any auto-walls
    or corners.

33. hike1

hike1

Attached Files:

34. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

You need to offset the wall's pivot such that it is in the center of the tile area. So the pivot of the selected wall needs to be more to the right of the mesh.

35. hike1

hike1

Or make the flat area of the wall longer like your tile

Attached Files:

36. williamian

williamian

Hi, whenever i try to add a prefab to the editor, including the included ones i get the message NOT A VAILD TILEPIECE PREFAB???? I am using the most current unity, unirpg and tile ed. No betas.

williamian@me.com

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  37. hike1

hike1

@williamian@me.com

watch this video at the :34 mark
    get start
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vskdYiEKRho

he selects all the 'corner3' prefab in project, then in inspector 'add component/unirpg tile ed/tile piece
    this script makes it valid.

38. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

You need to add the TilePiece component to any prefab that should be a Tile prefab. Select the prefab(s) and then look in the menu under Components for TilePiece and click that to add the component to all selected prefabs.

39. hike1

hike1

Attached Files:

40. williamian

williamian

Thanks, I figured it out. Now I cannot seem to get a trigger to load a new scene???

41. hike1

hike1

Attached Files:

42. hike1

hike1

Attached Files:

43. tstpierre_nss

tstpierre_nss

$tiled-editor.PNG

I have the same issue. Also, the editor inspector looks strange (attached).

Nothing in console. No errors/warnings. Ran through your vids several time doing step by step on new scenes to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Not sure what's up...

44. tstpierre_nss

tstpierre_nss

Apparently relaunching Unity allowed me to start painting tiles properly. The inspector colors are still tweaked however.

45. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

I'll make an update to sort out the colour problem. It is caused by changes that where made to Unity 4.3

46. brewbox

brewbox

I think I know the answer to this but I wanted to be sure before I made this purchase.

Can this tool be easily adapted to do runtime dungeon generation? I'm thinking this, paired with Tile Based Map Nav would make a nice combo to jump start a turn based crawler I have in mind.

47. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

It can be used but there is no code inside the lib to create random dungeons. If it is an editor used by the player then you would have to write the GUI. The runtime side however has functions that you call to "place" the tile in the map. There is no example of how to use it runtime to draw as it is not an advertised feature - it is simply possible. You would have to look at how the editor scripts makes calls to the map to place tiles for ideas on how to do it in runtime code.

48. thedreamer

thedreamer

Are you planning to support mobile?

49. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Tile Ed is used to paint tiles. How optimised your tiles and their textures are will determine mobile use, not this tool. Tile Ed does not include a mesh combine tool.

50. hike1

hike1

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.