Search Unity

UniRPG, The Unity 3D RPG Maker

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Leslie-Young, Jun 27, 2013.

1. BES

BES

Thanks! ..as always quality work ..your awesome.

2. WitchKing

WitchKing

Hi Leslie,

I've noticed a few people asking about UniRPG's ability to do turn-based type games and seen that you're sort of considering it one day maybe-ish perhaps :p I was just wondering how compatible it might be with your Turn Based Map&Nav Unity plugin? Could any of the game controller's stuff and so on from there be any use? Basically, I wanna mash the two together with a big hammer and it'll all just somehow work lol

As a side note for anyone interested, I've been mucking around with TurnBased Toolkit, https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/10686 which is cool for quickly setting up a turn-based game, though it doesn't have any rpg/inventory/quest type stuff (which is what attracted my eye to UniRPG)

Anyway, I dare say I'll buy UniRPG anyway, just cuz it looks so damn cool - keep up the good work!

3. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Map&Nav simply handles the nodes layout and some things related to them while the samples show a possible way of use. What you need in UniRPG would be much more, like input system that detect clicked node, player controller that move character from node to node, NPC controller, markers, etc. Do not hope to mash them together and have the majority of work done, the part map&nav handles in this case is minor compared with what is needed to make it feature complete.

Btw, turn based won't make it to UniRPG as it is now. I am pushing to get v2 done http://plyoung.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=45

4. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.2.7

- Fixed bug with LoadSave System not properly deleting keys
    - Fixed bug with slotted items not restoring properly when changing scene
    - Fixed various bugs related to more than one camera being defined
    - Included latest version of plyBlox

5. thedreamer

thedreamer

Are UniRPG planning to support mobile?

6. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

UniRPG builds can run on mobile devices. There is nothing special preventing it (tested on my old android based tablet). The reason I do not advertise it for mobile is because there is no plan to add a default GUI that will fit properly on a smaller screen or to add player and camera controller input that works with touch. Both of these can be replaced or modified since UniRPG supports plugins and you have the source to modify.(for version 1.x anyway)

I am working on UniRPG 2 atm and it will support touch input. So far there will be no Default GUI and you will use the new GUI designer to create one or if you have NGUI or something else you will use the normal steps to design a GUI with them and then use UniRPG specific components to help make calls into plyBlox (which handles the events like button clicks).

Visit for more info on the new version >> http://plyoung.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=45

7. Gunhi

Gunhi

nGUI integration and Touch input are what I'm waiting for. Please make it quick.

Keep doing well.

8. thedreamer

thedreamer

I have question about UniRPG 2

Can I change the Controlling character in the UniRPG2?

9. im

im

thanks for the release

happy holidays!

10. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Yes, this will still be possible as long as the controller derives from the base class for UniRPG character controllers. I will have more info on how this is done once version 2 is released.

11. Sartoris

Sartoris

Really hoping to see a turn based update to this amazing tool :)

12. midorina

midorina

Is it possible to buy UniRPG and not the new tool? When I search for UniRPG, it links me to the new tool. I only care about the Top Down aspect of the kit and to be able to edit the source. Unfortunately I heard you can't edit the source in the new tool.

Cheers,

13. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Purchase plyGame then send me your invoice number and an email address that I can invite to a private share of UniRPG. You can PM me on this forum.