Search Unity

UniRPG, The Unity 3D RPG Maker

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Leslie-Young, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

I do not own these so I can't really tell since I have no idea how they work.

I assume a Pool Manager would have some kinda place where you specify prefabs to be pre-loaded and pooled and then have its own functions to "instantiate" these. I can see that in this case you would need a new Action that is similar to the current object creation action but one that would make calls to the pool manager to create/ show the object.

The touch input thing would require changes to the player controller - best would be to make a copy of the controller and rename the classes to make it into a plugin for UniRPG. It will basically be just the one player controller script that has to detect the input and then send off calls to the movement component to handle the rest, The camera would also need to have some changes made to it - again, rather in a copy of the original with renamed classes so that it acts as a plugin and you do not loose changes when updating UniRPG.

Make a topic on the UniRPG forum and I can try and guide you further. If these two work as I described above then it might actually be quite easy to get them working in UniRPG. Might be worth investing in so I can create some proper linking-plugins.

2. gshape

gshape

+1 Just bought this great kit and really hope to see mobile support in the future. My team is currently working on other mobile game project but I hope one day we can use this UniRPG to make something great on mobile! :D

Also, after some quick search, it seems NGUI can be used with this kit, this is cool!

3. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

This would be so Wicked because these two plugins are extremely popular with many Unity Devs because they are well supported and rock solid.
    Also, to have something that the creator of UniRPG himself hook-up would be much better than any of us newbies. Honestly, speaking for myself, I will probably make a mess of it.

4. dev_2051

dev_2051

just got this awesome package,hoping mobile controls will be added by the developer :)

5. crafTDev

crafTDev

Well why would I need to code anything if you just added support for custom GUIs and pooling systems. This is the day and age to feature mobile support for assets. You clearly have a mobile device to test on, why not cater to a broader base to sell more? The moment you have "Mobile" support as a feature for your package, the more your sales will increase. Anyways, sadly if mobile is not on roadmap, I guess the asset is not for me... :-/

6. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.1.5

- Fixed bug with Attribute Bonus not being saved and restored properly
    - Fixed bug with Global Number and Object variable scrollbars moving together
    - Fixed bug with NPC 'forgetting' what skills it has when scene changed
    - Fixed bug with DiaQ Condition Update Node not showing an output link
    - Fixed bug with shortcut keys not being able to close UI panels (Default GUI Theme)
    - Fixed, added further checks to make sure a queued skill will not try to perform on a target that became invalid while waiting to perform skill
    - Fixed, refined the character movement further. It should act overall better on slopes

Version 1.1.4

- Updated Attributes with a way to add Bonus value. This is added to the final Value of an Attribute and normally used when you want to increase an attribute's value in some way other than than leveling - for example, a magic sword adding Strength should add it to Bonus in the Attribute Action
    - Updated Character 2: Animation Action with an option to turn antics on/off
    - Fixed bug with action shortcut key not resulting in queuing of skill. Must have 'double' selected for the action shortcut in input settings
    - Fixed bug where NPC would first finish movement to its last target location before going after the player if it went hostile while moving
    - Fixed error that would come up in character selection (of Default Theme) when player character uses Pro navigation movement

7. Stormryder

Stormryder

I keep getting this error when the game is started.
    and the line these errors refer to is

if (UniRPGGlobal.Instance.state == UniRPGGlobal.State.InMainMenu)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UniRPG.CharacterBase.Start () (at Assets/UniRPG/Scripts/Game/Actor/CharacterBase.cs:163)
    UniRPG.Chara2_Base.Start () (at Assets/UniRPG/Default Assets/Character2/Scripts/Controllers/Chara2_Base.cs:37)
    UniRPG.Chara2_Player.Start () (at Assets/UniRPG/Default Assets/Character2/Scripts/Controllers/Chara2_Player.cs:44)

8. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Do you have the UniRPG Prefab in the scene? I suppose you might not have added this scene as a game scene to UniRPG either? http://plyoung.com/unirpg/docs/database.html#project

You normally use the UniRPG's tools to create a new game scene as it will prepare the scene as one that it can use. If you want to turn an existing scene into something useful then drag the UniRPG prefab from /Assets/UniRPG/Default Assets/Prefabs/ into the scene.

Have a look at the getting started tutorial to get an idea of the basics of UniRPG, http://plyoung.com/unirpg/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=409

9. Gunhi

Gunhi

I just bought it for supporting. I haven't used it yet but followed closely every single update.
    Keep going well and mobile support please.

10. Stormryder

Stormryder

I added the unirpg prefab, and it has a spawn point, my game starts, the scene loads and my character spawned. I can have him walking around. But I got 200 errors pointing to that line of code.

11. andrydeen

andrydeen

As Gunhi ,i bought and haven't used it, my game is for iOS , but i hope that mobile support will be soon.
    Thanks

12. Stormryder

Stormryder

OK, I tried create another scene using UniRPG's new scene, same errors, I used pause on error, the game stop at the splash screen 1.
    Any ideas?

13. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

UniRPGGlobal.Instance should not be null if you've done everything correctly. Did you follow the getting started tutorial in a clean project to get an ieda of how things work? Have you pressed the "Update Builds Settings and Globals" button before trying to run the game for the first time? You have not changed any of the UniRPG system scenes in any way? It is such a strange error to get that I have to ask these kinda things. You really should not be getting an error like that.

14. Stormryder

Stormryder

I did, i watched your videos and made sure to hit the update button when I made changes.

15. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Can you please create a clean project and import UniRPG into that and then follow the tutorial. Let me know at what point in the tutorial you get the errors and please post a copy of the error message.

Also, which version of Unity are you using and on what OS? It is the first time someone has an error like this so I need to figure out what is different on your side that you would have this much trouble.

16. knocks

knocks

Using pro movement player and npc’s have a hard time navigating doorways, mecanim support doesn't like root motion is that correct?

17. order66

order66

Do you had a chance to look into mobile compatiblity yet?

18. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Yes, do not use root motion. I've PMd you about the door problem.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  19. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

nope.

20. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

I`m considering buying this as support seems to be the best for UniRPG out of all packages I`ve looked at. A few questions first though. Would it be possible to add a 3rd person camera and "wasd" control scheme to UniRPG possibly with other Unity store assets?

21. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

It is possible to replace the player and camera controllers. The camera will be the easiest. The player controller (Class) will require some work as it handles a quite a few things, for example initialising interaction with an NPC or calling a Skill, saving the player's position and other info, etc. All these are of course visible in the default player script so it should not be to hard to get all these working in the new script with some copy-paste coding.

These docs talks about what is needed to make these new controllers compatible with/ visible to UnIRPG.
    http://plyoung.com/unirpg/docs/advanced-camera.html
    http://plyoung.com/unirpg/docs/advanced-chara.html

22. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Ok then, time to learn some C# basics. I`m buying your product, thank you for you quick response. I have some ~6 months to figure this all out just for visual demo purposes, I think that it will easier to impress people with a 3rd person view than a top down one.

23. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  24. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.1.6

- AWSD movement is back. Best to use it with Simple Move only
    - Added ability to persist Items that are placed/ created in the scene during runtime
    - Added option to Object Create Action to set Item as persistent
    - Removed the old DefaultCharacter system from UniRPG. Please use the Character-2 system
    - Changed Debug Action to also run during Loading/ Restore so it can be used when debugging event(s) related to this
    - Fixed problem with Aron Navigation where it would not allow the character to move through colliders set as triggers
    - Fixed problem with Aron NAvigation where character might float or go under terrain

25. jerotas

jerotas

if you add support for pooling, please make it the de facto pooling plugin, which is "Pool Manager" and not the free Pooling manager which is far inferior. I bought your awesome plugin during the sale and will likely need NGUI integration and Pool Manager integration before I can use it though. Killer package!

26. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

I forgot to mention in my post that it is PoolManager from Path-o-logical games and not the free one.
    Many Thanks.

27. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.1.7

- NPC can now choose to use a Skill on Slot-2 too. This will normally be a ranged skill
    - Changed the Item's pick-up event to trigger when it is placed in a bag. This way it will also execute when the player receive an item from a shop or other source and not only when picking up an item
    - Added a "click-marker prefab" to player. This can be an object that indicates where the player click-to-move
    - Fixed bug that would cause the player animation to freeze in some situations
    - Fixed error message that occur when NPC, which was using Pro movement, is killed http://plyoung.com/unirpg/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=369

Notes

- The NPC can choose to use the Skill placed in Slot 2, if you want this behaviour. This will normally be a ranged attack/ skill. You simply add a Skill to Slot 2 and then set the **Skill 2 Distance mod** to a value between 0 and 1. This value helps determine at what distance (between the NPC and Player) the NPC should choose to use Skill 1 or Skill 2. A value like 0.5 would mean, if the player is within the detection radius but half the radius distance away then us Skill 2, else use Skill 1. A value like 0.3 would mean the player can come even closer to the the NPC before it decides to switch over to Skill 1 (most likely melee attack) and a value like 0.8 would mean the NPC would choose earlier to switch over to Skill 1 in favour of Skill 2.

- The **Click-marker prefab** is an object that you want shown when and where the player clicked on the floor when using click-to-move. Note that UniRPG will simply place the object at the location and set it active. It will also make a call to Play if the object has an animation component. You can use an animation to control how long the object will be visible since UniRPG will not hide it. Be sure to set a default animation if you want to use this.

28. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.1.8

- Reversed the changes to an Item's Pickup Event (which was made in 1.1.7). The Event wil f ire ONLY when the player picked up an item from the world
    - Added the On AddedToBagg and On RemovedFromBag events for Item
    - Added gravity value to Simple and Aron move controllers
    - Fixed problem with On Equip not being called on scene change (for NPC created via spawn point)
    - Fixed error that occur if NPC have only 1 skill slot
    - Fixed error messages from Pro movement when changing scenes

Notes

- For On-AddedToBagg and On-RemovedFromBag, Self is the Item and Equip Target the owner of the bag. All other subject types are invalid.

29. shaderx

shaderx

hi, is it possible to use DiaQ alone from this package? i know you're selling it as a seperate asset but i've already purchased UniRPG wondering if i could use DiaQ with a different type of games without too much tweaking.

30. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Yes, the included DiaQ is the exact same one I'm selling separately and can be used in the same way as the stand-alone version. When importing UniRPG you can deselect everything except the DiaQ path to import into your project, or you can copy the DiaQ folder from an existing project into a new one.

There is a sample package included (in the DiaQ folder) which you can import into your project. It is a simple scene and script showing a possible way you can use DiaQ in your code. You will have to check the code comments for "documentation" on what is available. All the important functions are commented. You can also look at these docs, http://plyoung.com/unirpg/docs/diaq.html

31. shaderx

shaderx

awesome, thanks for the quick answer :)

32. shaderx

shaderx

can't seem to import the diaq alone, it's using unirpg , it gives me a bunch of errors like these.

Assets/DiaQ/Script/DiaQEngine.cs(11,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UniRPG' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    Assets/DiaQ/UniRPG/Script/DiaQAction.cs(9,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UniRPG' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

33. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

You probably imported the whole UniRPG and simply deleted the UniRPG related folders? So now you have the UNIRPG_CORE symbol defined which DiaQ looks for to decide if it need to include extra things when inside the UniRPG environment.

Go menu: Edit -> Project Settings -> Player
    Look in the inspector under "other settings" is a field "scripting define symbols". Delete any occurrence of 'UNIRPG_CORE' for each of the build targets.

34. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.2.0

- Added feature to show equipped items visually
    - Removed all scripts related to the old Character system.
    -- Have look at the notes if you are updating.
    -- For a fresh install you do not have to do anything in this regard.
    - Improved the Simple Move and Pro movement somewhat when using keyboard input to move

-- Notes --

- See documentation on how to show equipped items visually: http://plyoung.com/unirpg/docs/items.html#viz
    - You have to delete this following folder if you are updating from an older version of UniRPG.
    ( \Assets\UniRPG\Default Assets\Character\ ) (NOT!! Character 2)

Version 1.1.9

- Added a dummy "Targeted" object for AOE Around Area type Skill
    - Improved the Simple Move collision detection
    - Fixed problem with actor moving closer to a targeted object, when using a skill, even if skill targets set as "Self"
    - Changed the Action Slot shortcut keys to be on lower priority than targeting key

35. Zastrow89

Zastrow89

Awesome!!! keep up the amazing work on this! you just got another sale :)

36. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.2.2

- Fixed an error in the NPC script (just some messy code that should not be there)
    - Fixed problem with player being able to interrupt its own skills even when set to not be able to do so
    - Fixed problem with character stopping too late after key release when using keyboard input
    - Fixed an error that might prevent scene loading from happening
    - Fixed bug where the NPC would get stuck in its "hit" animation and won't switch over to movement animation properly

Version 1.2.1

- Fixed bug that happens when unequip an item. This bug was introduced with 1.2.0
    - Fixed possible bug where player can run up the detection volume of the NPC if the "floor layer" is set as "Default". NPCs and Player characters must still be set to their own layers in this case and must not be on the same layer as the floor.
    - Added an option (Collision Layer) to Aron and Simple Move. This should be set to everything except when you want to allow the character to move through something. That something, like an NPC, could be placed on a layer that is then unselected in this field.
    - Some more tweaking of keyboard movement

37. Toad

Toad

Do you have a roadmap detailing planned new features and the order they're likely to appear in?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  38. vincentellis

vincentellis

I would love to know more about upcoming features as well.

39. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

There are not solid plans in place for new features and I work on them as I get time. Got other projects to work on too.

[edit] Latest update notes ...

Version 1.2.3

- Fixed a bug where the a character would snap to the highest floor when walking in underneath a floor
    - Fixed bug in Character 2 Animation action - when forcing idle
    - Fixed problem with keyboard movement acting strange after player character die and re-spawned
    - Fixed problem with NPCs getting stuck when moving up slopes
    - Can now set click distance for player input in player character's inspector
    - Added Fade-In/Out command to Default GUI Theme to face screen to black and back. See 'Message to GUI' Action
    - Added feature where NPC will chase after player when hit, even if player outside detection radius. Attribute under On GetHit must be set for NPC.
    - Added a Chase Timeout which NPC will use to give up on chasing player if it did not get to hit in that time. This only works while the Player is outside the detection radius as the NPC will always chase a player within its detection radius.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  40. wmgcata

wmgcata

I've bought this package, and I must say that this it's great so far. I do have a few questions/suggestions though :

- Could you possible add a casting bar when the player casts a spell? And an option to move the character portraits to another place on your screen if it's not already there.
    - This might have been done intentional, but when I've completed a quest and accepted my reward the quest stays in the quest list.
    - How can you change the character creation scene/screen loadout? I didn't manage to find the scene to change the surroundings.
    - Any tutorials on how to add an AoE ability? Or a tutorial on how to add some boss mechanics?
    - The character name and enemy/target names shown above the targets head with a healthbar? If this is possible, how? If not, could this possibly be in further updates?
    - Is it possible to show the experience bar above the skill/actionslot bar? Like in most RPG's?
    - When I'm not in range of the enemy's chase radius, but I do attack it with a ranged ability, it doesn't follow me. Is there a way to fix this because this seems unrealistic. (Chase radius - 10, fireball attack range - 15) for example.

EDIT : I've also found out that the abilities/skills are related to the character, and not to the class. It's kind of weird when you pick your race (human, goblin, ...) and your class (wizard, paladin, warrior, ...) but still end up having the same abilities as a wizard or a paladin because the skills are related to the race/character?

Most of the issues are some very basic RPG features which I think are currently not included in this project, these could be for future updates, perhaps?

Thanks in advance

Tim

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  41. im

im

hi

i recent bought the asset and ran into trouble cause of outdated tutorial

at the time you mentioned that you were going to be updating the tutorials for new character 2

so did you finally get the tutorial updated?

thanks in advance!

42. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

The Default GUI Theme is feature complete, meaning I will not be adding more to it. These are suggestions I'll consider when working on new Theme(s) for UniRPG.

Did you check the setting, QuestList Provider includes handed in, under DiaQ settings tab?

You can change either the background image used or add a prefab to be used (instantiated at 0x0x0 in the scene). http://plyoung.com/unirpg/docs/database-gui.html#newgame If you need more than this then you need a custom theme.

All tutorials can be found at, http://plyoung.com/unirpg/forum/viewforum.php?f=17
    I'll add an AOE tutorial later. Bosses are just NPCs, so you create them the same way as other NPCs.

This should work. See v1.2.3 update notes before your post.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  43. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

this?

44. im

im

45. wmgcata

wmgcata

And how do you do this? I can't find any documentation nor tutorials about it?

This question still remains unanswered, you might have looked over it ;-)

+ Something about the targetting system. I can't target a different enemy once I've targetted one already. I'll have to press escape or wait for it to die first so then I can target a different enemy. Is there a way to fix/change this?

I can't find the quest condition that it should be removed out of the quest journal when it's completed. How do I do this?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  46. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Click on the NPC. Look in the Inspector under Chara2_NPC. Expand the topic Events Actions. Click on "On GetHit", select Attribute (most likely something called Health).

You can also look at the Chase Timeout value under Chara2_NPC as it will determine how long the NPC willchase the payer in this case before giving up.

Yes, they are related to the character. Create different characters to represent the different classes. You decide what Skills to assign to characters. All skills do not have to be assigned in the Inspector and might be done at runtime via the Skill Add/Equip Actions.

Unable to replicate this. I can target any of the hostile, neutral, and friendly NPCs or even Items on the floor while another is targeted.

47. wmgcata

wmgcata

Dam, have you got any idea then of what I might've done wrong? I've been looking for a solution for ages but I can't find any, and everything works fine just beside that little targetting thing. =/

Thanks.

48. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

No idea. You should not have that problem. Any error messages in the Unity Console?

49. wmgcata

wmgcata

Nope, no error messages, nothing, that's the point =/. But i'll go ahead and play around with it a bit more, i'll notify you if the problem keeps persisting.

50. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.2.6

- Change all fields that can accept a global variable to also allow you to choose to enter the name of a custom variable to read the value from at runtime
    - Added the plyBlox package for those who want to start using it now.
    -- Please note that UniRPG related blocks will only come with UiRPG 2.
    -- You can will find plyBlox package \Assets\UniRPG\Documentation\

Version 1.2.5

- Unity 4.3 compatibility updates