Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UniRPG, The Unity 3D RPG Maker

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Leslie-Young, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Gunhi

Gunhi

Good suggestion, I'm interested in that features as well!

2. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

There are no plans for multiplayer support at this time.

3. cmrcmr

cmrcmr

ohhhh, it's a shame, then do not buy the package yet: (

could also add this package to the project, it is interesting:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/10663

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  4. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 0.7.5 (BETA)

- Greatly Improved Attribute Action
    - Updated DefaultChar: Change Animation Action
    - Fixed incorrect use of offset in Move Action
    - Fixed problem with NPC not detecting player if he is allready in detection radius when NPC turns hostile
    - Added a way for plugins to register functions to be auto called after game loaded or player went from menu to game-scene
    - DiaQ - Loading and Saving of DiaQ state data is now possible
    - DiaQ - Added an UpdateCondition Node

5. castana1962

castana1962

Hi Leslie Young
    I am very interested in buying your "UniRPG, The Unity 3D RPG" Maker but I would need to this one has PUN Photon access multiplayer and chat. It would great for a lot of unity developer people !
    Please have in your mind these features ASAP !
    Thanks and let me know about this topic.
    Thanks for your time
    Best Regards
    Alejandro Castan

6. BES

BES

Why cant I add a space ship prefeb as the player character? ... says its invalid .. was trying to throw a quick space scene together with this..

7. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Perhaps you did not make it into a character as explained in the docs? Click here to learn more.

8. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

I'm afraid this tool is not for you. As said before, there are NO plans for adding multiplayer to this kit at this time or possibly ever.

9. jonkuze

jonkuze

Leslie, I love UniRPG! I think your work is amazing! BUT, I would not short change yourself... MUTLIPLAYER will probably double your sales if not more... i wish you the best with UniRPG! I will still keep an eye on it for future potential use.

In the meantime, for others who are in need of a Multiplayer RPG Framework try RPG Kit 2.0 http://zerano-unity3d.com/RPGKit/rpg-kit-2-0/ I'm pretty sure it uses Photon Networking, which is well supported by Unity. I may potentially use it someday, if Leslie doesn't change his mind lol.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  10. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 0.7.6 (BETA)

- Added more sources from which Global Variables can be set
    - Added Numeric Gobal Variable as source for setting Custom Variables
    - Added options to Default GUI Theme to allow settings when player can move or not when panels are open
    - Added option to change the Default Character Type turn speed
    - Fixed bug where skills do not move when placed in another action slot

11. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 0.8.0 (BETA)

- New CollidableObject type which can be used to for example creating projectiles like fireballs
    - Updated Skills to provide a way to create AOE type Skills. Have a look at the updated Skills docs to learn more.
    - Added more sources for setting the value of a custom/private variable
    - Added even more sources for setting the value of a global variable
    - Changed Attribute Action to allow non-Actor as source of custom variable for Aggressor

12. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 0.9.0 (BETA)

- Added Graphics options/settings to Default GUI Theme
    - Added support for selection ring/markers to Default Player type
    - Fixed problem with actions list scrollbar snappng back to top
    - It is now possible to change the words "Sell" and "Buy" of the Default GUI Theme shop via custom variable modifiers
    - DiaQ - Added new a Node that can make calls to a UniRPG Events
    - DiaQ - Updated Actions to be compatible with UniRPG 0.8+

13. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.0.0

- Added support to Default Character to use Unity Pro Pathfinding
    - Added support to Default Character to use A* Pathfinding Project
    - Fixed bug with selection ring/marker not following the target

Have a look at the Documentation to learn more about the new movement options.

14. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.0.4

- Fixed error messages thrown when viewing NPC basic info
    - DiaQ - Added new QuestCheck Node which makes it easier to branch according to quest's status
    - DiaQ - Updated Decision Node to allow testing if Quest was handed in

Version 1.0.1

- UniRPG now do not require camera definitions but then you need to supply the main camera in the scene
    - Fixed bug where selection markers would not update when targeted NPC changes its type betwene friendly, neutral, hostile
    - Fixed bug where selection markers would not disapear when item is picked up
    - Fixed bug with player being able to move via click-to-move while Character is disabled
    - Fixed bug where Hostile NPC would not detect the player if he does not move when NPC comes close

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  15. Gunhi

Gunhi

this project is so impressed and active. Please consider about touch input and mobile devices

16. dukieee

dukieee

This project looks amazing. Will get it in a few days
    Good work!

17. BES

BES

You are really kicking out these fixes and updates ...thanks!

18. Silly_Rollo

Silly_Rollo

You mention a database in the docs but I didn't see it explained in more detail. Are you using some form of actual db (sqlite or whatever), using xml/json files, or using Unity prefabs as a db?

19. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

It is just what I call the collection of data you setup in UniRPG's main editor window. It consist of prefabs and custom assets. No SQL or such involved.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  20. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.0.5

- Changed how Input Binder works. It now supports single press, double press and held key/ button
    - Make sure your input settings are correct after this update

- Added new Collidable Create Action which provide additional properties when creating Collidable
    - Updated the Collidable with and option to not have to collide with something to trigger events
    - Updated Default Camera to prevent jerkiness in certain occasions
    - Updated Default NPC and SpawnPoint wander areas with option for rectangular in addition to circular
    - Fixed problem where Default GUI was showing Attribute values as float and not int
    - Fixed bug that could cause crashes when opening UnIRPG editor window under OSX
    - Fixed possible error when DiaQ resource file is not present

21. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.0.6

- Added support for Mecanim to the Default Player and Non-Player Character types
    - Added Action which can set Mecanim parameters
    - Fixed bug where Default GUI might not show quest rewards in conversation
    - Fixed bug in DiaQ Editor where copy-paste would not function on some input fields

22. Jaimi

Jaimi

Excellent update! I was waiting for the Mecanim support!

23. Deleted User

Deleted User

I might buy this just for the GUI system, :)..

Only question I have and apologies if it's a daft one, what's it like integrating with current projects? I already have scene's and code available for a fair part of the game. I'm just hoping something like this might speed up the production?

Regards,
    Danny

24. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Current scenes can easily be used and require that you drop the UniRPG Prefab into each scene that makes out maps/game scenes.

The rest will depend on what it is your scripts are doing. Have a look at the docs to see how things are done in UniRPG http://plyoung.com/unirpg/docs/index.html

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  25. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks for the reply Leslie,

So far scene spawn points / basic user and mecanim controller system with Gravity and a LookAt camera.

I guess I'd be happy to replace them, ok off to buy thanks again for replying.

26. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

27. Deleted User

Deleted User

That's great Leslie, really appreciate you taking time out to respond.

28. Deleted User

Deleted User

Initial impressions look good, video tutorials hit the mark.. I'll update properly when I get used to it...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2013
  29. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.0.7

- Added option to create custom Input Definitions which can execute Events
    - Added a Util script that can help you find objects with missing scripts/ components, in all prefabs and scenes objects. Under menu: UniRPG -> Misc
    - Updated DefaultChar Animation Action to allow toggling of Walk/Run
    - Fixed Action's move and delete buttons, in lists, might be moved out of view
    - Fixed Collidable Action (prefab field was not showing)
    - Fixed Default Character mecanim trying to play antics when there are none to play
    - Fixed AWSD movement not playing mecanim animation
    - Fixed popups in Default GUI to not move out of the GUI's design width and height
    - Fixed Default Player moving too far and not looking at target when attacking
    - Fixed crash bug that occur when loading Actor try to load state of its owned Item (load saved game)
    - Fixed problem with selecting the lowest resolution in graphics settings

30. Dotta4

Dotta4

Using Version 1.0.7. I set up my character and NPC as seen in the video tutorials on your site. The problem I'm running into is that I can't seem to target the NPC. It's set as hostile and has all components set up as in the video. I've set the GUI to show the NPC health in the status panel but I'm clicking on the NPC and still no health shows.

I'm most likely missing something simple but would appreciate some help. Thanks :)

Edit: Fixed it. I had not set my input correctly. Sorry :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  31. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Glad you got it working. That input define is a bit misleading and will be changed after I've added the new character controller(s) that will replace the current player and npc controllers.

32. Warship

Warship

Question :
    I have a human actor.... and i want to equip to him a weapon.... the weapon model will be appearing on his hand?

33. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

No, not yet. It is something I plan on adding in the net few weeks.

34. Warship

Warship

ok.... thanks for the answer :)

35. klaussilveira

klaussilveira

This is an amazing project and i'm a very satisfied customer. You should buy it right now!

36. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.1.0

- Added the New Character-2 System to replace the old DefaultCharacter System - This is a much improved system for handling the Input, Animation, Navigation/ Movement and Actions related to the Player and Non-Player Characters
    - Updated Collidable to face direction it is moving
    - Updated Collidable Create Actions to calculate offset according to subject's forward face

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  37. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.1.1

- Added support for Idle Antics to the Animation controllers
    - Updated Player controller to behave better when chasing an NPC. Before it would run to a last know position of the NPC before trying to find out where the NPC might be now (if NPC is moving around)
    - Fixed auto-pickup of items and loot
    - Fixed bug where selection markers would not show up under new Character-2 system
    - Fixed bug preventing Character-2 system's Loading/ Saving from running
    - Fixed bug where skills on auto-repeat can execute even if the target becomes invalid

38. Edan

Edan

Is unirpg have feature for turn base rpg like Final Fantasy games

39. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

No. The default controllers work more like a Diablo type game.

40. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Version 1.1.3

- Added the "Placeable" object type. Useful for skills where you might want to plant a trap or bomb for the NPCs
    - Updated Spawn/Create Action to take parent's orientation into account for offset, when parent object is set
    - Updated Move Action to take target's orientation into account for offset. Also added ability to turn self into a direction relative to target
    - Updated Chara2: Animation - change idle to force the new idle clip when "go idle now" is selected
    - Updated animation clip lister with scrollbars
    - Fixed bug with graphics quality slider in Default GUI Theme
    - Fixed bug where NPC would not detect a player already within its detection radius when it goes to Hostile
    - Fixed problem with Skills not firring when valid targets set to 'nothing'
    - Fixed rotation error message that would sometimes come up in Simple move

Version 1.1.2

- Changed Spawn Point to not disable the whole GameObject when no Character to spawn is specified. This will allow the use of the Spawn Point as reference when used as parent in Object Create Actions.
    - Changed the Death Event to Stop any skill being executed. It is still up to Actions to totally Disable the Character if that behavior is intended, else an NPC could for example start attacking again while it is dying.
    - Added option to Move Action to indicate of object should look in move direction or not
    - Fixed bug in Attribute Action where custom variables could not be read from non-Actors.
    - Fixed bug where RPGItem would sometimes not spawn as loot drop
    - Fixed bug where a Spawned object might not spawn again
    - Fixed bug with Equip prevent State not working as expected

41. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

42. ivendar

ivendar

Now I have to Upgrade my Unity version :(
    But thank you for the offer. Got it and testing in a bit. ;)

43. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Just bought this really Great package.

Feature request: MOBILE EXPORT . It would be Totally Awesome and would probably help to Increase the user base if UniRPG supports mobile.

Cheers and Keep up the Amazing Work.

44. crafTDev

crafTDev

Mobile not supported yet? Damn, I was gonna buy on Asset Store sale but read the disclaimer about mobile. :(

45. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

I'll do a quick test on my tablet and see how it goes. Check back a bit later.
    I can tell you now that the Default GUI Theme won't be any good on a phone size screen. There is also no pooling manager so spawning things like effects and such with the event/ action system could result in some hiccups.

46. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

So I tested on my old Toshiba AT100 (Android 4.0.4)
    It runs pretty well, even the particle effects of skills did not have any noticeable delay - they are instantiated on the spot. The big problem was the GUI. It fits pretty well on the tablet screen in landscape mode but some of the panel's positions or sizes where being calculated incorrectly. The other problem is that two finger swipe, to rotate camera, (right-mouse button) still register as "left-click" too and causes the player character to move when you where trying to rotate the camera. Overall I'm not happy with this and will therefore not say it is mobile/ touch device ready and I'm sure it will start to give problems with bigger projects where proper and game specific optimizations are needed.

47. crafTDev

crafTDev

No way to just use other GUIs and pooling systems? (Because I have those).

48. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

You can create a custom GUI Theme (scenes and scripts) to replace the menu and in-game interfaces. So something like NGUI could for example be used. Most work will be related to the design of your GUI and how to make calls to UniRPG when the user wants to start a new game for example and things like that. Making the theme visible to UniRPG so that it can be used in place of the default one is real easy though.

Pooling could probably be integrated too but I guess it depends on how the specific manager works.

UniRPG is sold as a no-coding needed tool and as is I can't recommend it for mobile since that requires some coding;)

49. tripknotix

tripknotix

darn was hoping that atleast "mobile movement controls" and automated switching from pc controls to mobile controls, were in place.

so many choices on the asset store that are prebuilt rpg kits and it seems only a couple have mobile support.... and i dont even have a mobile rpg game, i was going to buy this just because its on sale and had mobile controls =/ ...

but yeah. i would still buy it in the future if it does have mobile controls, i just dont make any money in browser/desktop areas with an identical game on mobile. but goodluck to you i'll check back in a couple of weeks to see if support was added for mobile.

i just bought the unity action game kit for $25 just based on the fact that he said he would make adding mobile controls a priority =X and i dont even have a mobile action game in development =X ... yet !

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  50. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Looks like the mobile research is showing some very positive findings.

It seems that Unity's GUI is and the pooling is a problem.

Since Unity's new GUI system is built with NGUI and if UniRPG starts to add support for NGUI then it would benefit UniRPG for the new GUI and also for Mobile Goodness.

Question:

I'm using two very popular packages, PoolingManger and EasyTouch. Would these be able to be used in UniRPG. If yes, would you consider providing pointers on how to integrate these packages.

Cheers.