Search Unity

UniRPG [free]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Leslie-Young, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. JBacal

JBacal

Looks very promising.

Are there any video tutorials yet?

Is there a full sample "game" using your PlyProto assets that we can learn from?

What are the differences between this and PlyGame?

What are the differences between DiaQ in UniRPG and the separate DiaQ asset?

What are the differences between Blox in PlyGame and the separate Blox asset?

Thanks,
    Jay

3. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

No videos and I will probably not make any. You might find some videos by the community. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=unirpg

There is no finished game / sample.

> What are the differences between this and PlyGame?

UniRPG was the first RPG making tool I created. plyGame actually replaced it and was a free upgrade for UniRPG owners back then. plyGame has more game systems and better thought out systems and controllers but the big one is that it makes use of plyBlox for handling events rather than the actions system that UnIRPG uses. plyBlox allows for better control and flow of logic inside the event.

If you own plyGame, use it. If you don't, first try UniRPG - it is free.

> What are the differences between DiaQ in UniRPG and the separate DiaQ asset?

DiaQ in UniRPG is basically the 1st edition of DiaQ.The concept is still the same and there is still graphs and nodes but stand-alone DiaQ (also included in plyGame) stores its data in a new format so you will not be able to re-use a uniRPG DiaQ graph with the stand-alone/ plyGame DiaQ. The stand-alone/plyGame DiaQ has a better runtime engine, and better editor UI.. things you would expect of a new version.

> What are the differences between Blox in PlyGame and the separate Blox asset?

I've covered this on my forum, http://forum.plyoung.com/t/about-blox-2/1383/13

plyBlox is limited and focus mostly on Blocks use to make calls into plyGame. Blox 2 is able to reflect basically any library and turn it into Blocks so it is much closer to what is available when you would write a script in C#

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  4. JBacal

JBacal

Thanks for the clarifications.

Can Blox 2 be used with PlyGame?

Is PlyGame still being developed with new features?

Thanks again,
    Jay

5. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

Blox 2 can be used in it but you will mostly be in plyBlox since plyGame triggers events into plyBlox Events while Blox 2 do not have plyGame specific Event (it only includes the Unity events like Update, Start, etc etc).

plyGame is feature complete. I do not have any plans for additional features.

6. _Pharaoh

_Pharaoh

Can I use UniRpg for making my game and sell my game on windows store ?

7. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

You can sell the game you make.
    Building for Windows Store was not tested.

8. musolo

musolo

Hi.
    can PlyGame with plyBlox be used potentially for first/third person shooter games for ios/android?
    Are there any limitations to Blox3 that you know of?
    I see Blox3 as C# Script designer and i can`t think of obvious limitations to its implementation in game making process unlike uScript`s and PlayMaker`s incomplete nature.
    Would you make a fps/tps PlyGame version for action game creation?
    Thanks!

9. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

> can PlyGame with plyBlox be used potentially for first/third person shooter games for ios/android?

No.

> Are there any limitations to Blox3 that you know of?

http://forum.plyoung.com/t/about-blox-3/3101

> I see Blox3 as C# Script designer

It is not an alternate IDE for C#. Do not use it with intention of having access to everything the C# language features. No delegates or a complete generics set support for example. No concept of functions, though it could be emulated via the Custom Blox Event. There are probably a lot of other things you can do in C# but not Blox.

> Would you make a fps/tps PlyGame version for action game creation

I have no plans to add further features to plyGame. It only receive bug and Unity compatibility fixes.

10. musolo

musolo

Thanks for reply.
    Can one deploy Blox made game to android?
    Couldn`t see it among supported platforms on the page you gave.
    Cheers!

11. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

I have not personally tested Android but it and iOS should be fine. Only Windows Mobile is a known problem atm.

12. musolo

musolo

Will blox go well with uFrame?
    Thanks

13. Leslie-Young

Leslie-Young

14. AtlasAce

AtlasAce

Is there anything new on UniRPG?

JJRuiz likes this.
  15. Delfo-Nova

Delfo-Nova

Sigue existiendo este asset? Porque no lo encuentro en la asset store de unity, y los links que he visto no llevan ningún lado