Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Question Unique Player Username

Discussion in 'Cloud Save' started by ChrisSmithLife, Aug 8, 2022.

1. ChrisSmithLife

ChrisSmithLife

Hello,

I am wanting to allow my players to enter a Unique Username after authenticating. I know I can easily save whatever string they provide in Cloud Save but I want to return an error if it is not unique. Is there a way to query by a key across all Player saved data so I can determine if the inputed username is already taken?

This should absolutely be key functionality if there is not already a way to achieve this.

Thank you so much!
    Chris

2. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Chris,
    Great question and thanks for posting on the forum.
    At this current time there isn't a way to verify cloud save data for other players.

I will be adding your name to the feature request this is something that is on the roadmap.

I will update this post as soon as I have more information

NB: A potential workaround may be for CLOUD CODE to execute a query that would verify if a certain name exists. However I will verify with my colleagues if this is possible.

3. ChrisSmithLife

ChrisSmithLife

Hello SebT,

If there was a way to query with Cloud Code that would work perfect! But I don't see a way to do that in the documentation so any insights on if this is possible would be amazing.

4. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Chris,
    I've verified with my colleagues and unfortunately my potential suggestion mentioned above will not work. (Hope this will be possible in the future)
    I've added the feature request for Cloud Save. If the feature is developed and released I will update this post.
    I've also added a secondary feature request for querying cloud save data with cloud code and or Analytics.

Wishing you all the best,
    Seb

5. Kawa_13

Kawa_13

The same problem, for some reason I thought that it was possible with the cloud code((( Awaiting update....

6. Kawa_13

Kawa_13

Leaderboards have the same problem?! How to check score All players??

7. BayouSoftware

BayouSoftware

Just bumping this as its a joke there's no way to enforce unique usernames especially considering UGS is supposedly built by the team from Chilliconnect, yet the chilliconnect service had these capabilities (and leaderboards) but is now being shut down to focus on UGS.

Its rather infuriating as a chilli customer how badly this has been handled.

I want to use UGS but its just not a viable product yet.

8. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi BayouSoftware,

Thanks for the feedback. I've brought your concerns to various teams at Unity.
    We are trying to get most use cases and will work to get more solutions out to the everyone as soon as we can.