Search Unity

Question Uninstall Mars and reinstall to get a fresh start?

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by dweeh, Dec 15, 2020.

1. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

From our understanding no, you are the first one that brings up this to our attention.

2. dweeh

dweeh

Ok - thanks for your help.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  3. pm4sight

pm4sight

Hello Unity, I'm experiencing a similar issue. I am new to Unity and am evaluating it as a tool for my business. Three weeks ago I installed Unity 2019.4.18f1 and signed up for a 45-day trial of Mars. I struggled with chasing the errors while trying to write out an elementary scene to an Android AR app. Convinced I had installation issues, I uninstalled all components of Unity and MARS. Then, I reinstalled Unity 2019.4.20f1. After loading the original MARS installer, all of the MARS UI states that "No MARS subscription found for the current user. User must purchase..."
    Do you any advice on what I can do to reinstate MARS so I can use the remaining time on the free trial?

4. jsmalridge

jsmalridge

Hi pm4sight,
    I'm sorry you had so much trouble with the installation. Hopefully I can help.
    As a first step, make sure that you are logged into the UnityHub before opening your project so that MARS can validate your entitlement properly. Secondly, try starting PlayMode in the Editor by clicking the Pay button in the top menu. Sometimes the entitlement validation process needs a good kick.

Let me know how it goes.
    Jay

jmunozarUTech likes this.
  5. pm4sight

pm4sight

Thank you jsmalridge. You pointed me in the right direction with the Hub logon.
    I constructed a test AR scene including a MARS session with a camera, Directional Light, Horizontal Plane with a Cube. When I build the apk, I receive the following errors:

Script attached to 'QueryTestObjectSettings' in scene '' is missing or no valid script is attached.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Script attached to 'SynthesizedObjectTestSettings' in scene '' is missing or no valid script is attached.

Exception: Gradle install not valid
    UnityEditor.Android.GradleWrapper.GetBaseCommand (System.Int32 jvmHeapSize) (at <d76da2c9a45b4b02b93f56ae560b1d44>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.ExecuteWarmup (System.String stagingArea) (at <d76da2c9a45b4b02b93f56ae560b1d44>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.PostProcess (UnityEditor.BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at <d76da2c9a45b4b02b93f56ae560b1d44>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args, UnityEditor.BuildProperties& outProperties) (at <d76da2c9a45b4b02b93f56ae560b1d44>:0)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height, UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at <8d21067e8d9c494db25a2b2485216e63>:0)

Build completed with a result of 'Failed' in 79 seconds (78738 ms)

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 2 errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x002bf] in <8d21067e8d9c494db25a2b2485216e63>:0
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in <8d21067e8d9c494db25a2b2485216e63>:0

I apologize for the error dump. Can you help?

6. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

hello @pm4sight ,

I have seen before the missing script warning. This should be easily solved by clicking on a script and re-importing it to force a domain reload.

Let us know how this goes