Search Unity

Unify Wiki Now Back Up and Running!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by guategeek_legacy, Mar 20, 2007.

1. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Hi everyone.

First of all I would like to thank you all for the contributions you have made to the Unify Wiki! Thanks to all your hard work it has become a great resource for all of us.

Second because of the value of this great resource it is important to all of us that it not get lost. I will be moving it from its current server to a new server in the next day or two. So I'm afraid the wiki will be down for a short time. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this will cause you all. Due to my rather slow internet I'm not sure how long the switch will take. I will be password protecting the current wiki directory so that no information can be added during the move (and lost).

The benefits of the move will be many. The new server should be faster, but above and beyond that. OTEE has graciously offered to set up a backup system onto their server, on a regular basis. Also OTEE's server has an off site backup that goes out 4 times a day. This should mean that the Wiki will be located on two servers as well as stored in an off site backup, giving us a much better chance at not losing any data when disaster strikes.

Thanks again, for your patience and keep making great stuff with Unity!
    Jeff McArthur

2. AaronC

AaronC

Good thinking Jeff! Thanks-I find myself reefering often to the wiki
    AC

3. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

The wiki is back thank goodness! I'm sure there are little bugs here and there so let us: Neil (Ncarter), Jon (Aaruk), Jeff (guategeek) or David Helgason know so we can try get them fixed. Enjoy and keep submiting the great content. Jeff

4. freyr

freyr

I like the new logo

5. VeganApps

VeganApps

Thanks for all the effort Jeff.
    And thanks to OTEE for the backup. :)

The new logo rocks. :D