Search Unity

Unify Community Hosting Renewal - Help support the wiki!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by guategeek_legacy, Jul 11, 2008.

1. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Hi everyone

The Unify Community hosting domain are up for renewal, the Unify Community for those of you that don't know is the home of the user wiki. The wiki is a great asset to this community, help us support it by doing one of the following:

- Purchase merch at the Unify Community Merch Store. All proceeds made off the sale of this merch will go towards Unify Community.

- Donate directly to our hosting costs using Paypal Dreamhost donation system.

Also we were hoping to get the Unify site up and running using a CMS so we could offer a place to post assets (artwork, music, etc.) free for the community, our example idea was the Unitree project, where we wanted to post packs of assets for use with the terrain engine.

Unfortunately I don't have the time or experience to set up a CMS for this. If anyone out there already knows how to set up and configure a good CMS for this idea and would like to donate to the community in this way contact me!

2. Dragon Rider

Dragon Rider

3. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

The Wiki is an awesome asset, one that I refer to frequently. But excuse my ignorance: why isn't it hosted by Unity Technologies?

4. jashan

jashan

Content Management System? ;-)

Btw, funny coincidence that I had just ordered a couple of shirts a few days ago :) Now I'm unified (well, almost - that stuff still needs to get here...)

5. OXYGEN

OXYGEN

Bigkahuna is right whats with the donations?
    Unity Technologys should be backing the dev site

6. Charles Hinshaw

Charles Hinshaw

Jeff - I'm going to PM you.

7. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Yah thanks to those of you that bought shirts a few days ago (two people did), that covers a good bit of the costs! - Jeff

8. AaronC

AaronC

Hey Jeff,

(Sorry to be picky) Hey you know the hoodies, is it possible to make the logo bigger? It just doesnt look quite right at that size- I was going to buy one ages ago but the composition didnt sit right, and I went to get one now and again I was reminded why I didnt the first time. Sorry to be picky! Also is black an option?
    I can guarrantee I'll spill spagetti or something nasty on those light coloured ones.

If its a hassle but doable, Id be happy to fiddle round in that shop designwise...youd have to kit me out with a login.

Cheers
    :p

AaronC

9. VeganApps

VeganApps

Hi Jeff,

I have run a CMS to support the Anark Community for several years.. (www.nomoresecrets.info)
    Last time I talked with David about it (I guess like 2 years ago) he didn't seem to want a CMS because everything should be stored in the Wiki..

Interesting to see that a CMS is wanted now..

Well.. I have experience, webspace and even an URL if necessary.

I think the e107 is a nice CMS..
    What do you think ?

10. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you that donated and purchased items through the unifycommunity merch store. All costs for another year of hosting and domain have been covered.

Also thanks to all of you that are interested in helping set up a CMS. If two or three of you who offered could agree on a CMS then we could set up a team to do it. I'm currently learning Drupal for a work project (though I have a long way to go in being anywhere near as useful in it as I am with XHTML and CSS).

11. pete

pete

dang it! totally missed this post! jeff how much does a year cost 4 u?

12. thomasvdb

thomasvdb

If still needed I can help with the CMS.
    XHTML, CSS, PHP ... I'm quite experienced in it now, I must say. Done a lot of projects for school...

13. VeganApps

VeganApps

Well.. why is the Wiki not sufficient for file content ?

And what does UT think about the idea of a CMS separated from the Wiki ?