Search Unity

Unified Manipulation tool

Discussion in 'Editor Workflows' started by willgoldstone, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

it's already integrated
    upload_2018-8-10_14-47-21.png

2. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

I think widgets don't use zdepth, so, not by choice but out of an old technical glitch?

3. awesomedata

awesomedata

UnityControlWidgetBug.png
    Is this a bug??

I know it doesn't seem to affect anything but the appearance of the internal sphere when you hover over the tool, but it definitely looks strange...

4. Ziflin

Ziflin

Where are the handles for non-uniform scale shown in the demo? This kind of makes the manipulator useless if you actually need to do non-uniform scale as I'm still having to switch between it and the regular scale gizmo?

5. Jaimi

Jaimi

That only works local mode. They don't show up in Global mode (doesn't really make sense in global mode)

6. Ziflin

Ziflin

Thanks! I realized that right after posting. Was just a little confusing after having used the regular scale tool.

7. halley

halley

I would rather not have ANY gizmo, and allow for a richer set of keyboard shortcuts. I have adopted and adapted the "Blender Actions" editor script from the store, which gets me closer there. Typing
    G X X -2.5 <Enter>
    to move the selected object 2.5 units to the object's local left sure beats all the mouse dragging and Inspector poking to accomplish the same. They help newcomers, and folks who assume the mouse is superior always, but I feel like most gizmos are too ugly and in your face, once you get the hang of things.