Search Unity

Unified Coordinate System for String and QCAR

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Elecman, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Elecman

Elecman

UCS is designed to stitch multiple markers into a single coordinate system. It does have a special effect included which uses the camera image as a static texture, but that is not really suitable for your use case.

2. smtabatabaie

smtabatabaie

Thanks very much , do you have any tips on how to know when all of the marker space space is in camera view?
    Thanks

3. Elecman

Elecman

There is a function called IsMarkerInFrustum() in ARWrapper.cs which does that.

4. smtabatabaie

smtabatabaie

Great , Thanks very much Elecman , that's exactly what I was looking for.
    Thanks

5. marynata

marynata

Hello Elecman,
    I have the same error as EmmyxD. Is there anything I could do to get rid of it?

6. Elecman

Elecman

If you know programming, you can probably fix it yourself. If not, I will see when I can find some time to fix it.

7. Mr-Rouf

Mr-Rouf

8. Elecman

Elecman

Thanks for the link. Although UCS is not designed for this, I often get asked the same question. So now I can point people to that thread :)

9. Czeus

Czeus

Hello, I know it's annoying, but I also would like to ask you for UCS update. I've changed refrences but its still don't work well. If you dont have time for it just ignore my msg.

10. Elecman

Elecman

Sorry but I won't be updating UCS anymore. It is a technology which is soon to be superseded by markerless tracking used in head mounted displays such as from Magic Leap, Microsoft Hololens, Meta, etc. Marker tracking can still be useful if it is integrated in markerless tracking but on its own I don't see a future for it.