Search Unity

Unidentified crashes on iOS

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by unnanego, Apr 2, 2020.

1. unnanego

unnanego

I'm using AR Foundation and latest unity. On android there's 0 crashes, on iOS 50% of users have the app crash in random moments soon after launch. Some of the crashes in crashlytics show this key: CoreUI: deallocating _CUIInternalLinkRendition 205 /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreGlyphs.bundle/Assets.car which is the same for two types of crashes (or at least with different stack traces):
    https://pastebin.com/Qb7gJFT9
    https://pastebin.com/XNn0dkJD

For most of the crashes there's around 40 mb free memory left on the device.

The main issue is - I can't reproduce this on any of my devices (crashes happen on all devices that support ARKit) and I can't use up even half of the memory, I don't understand how this is at all possible and why Android and the other half of the devices work fine.

Please, help, I'm desperate.

Ksushqa likes this.
  2. unnanego

unnanego

3. wicea

wicea

@unnanego which version of Unity are you using? I have same crash reports from iOS users on Unity 2019.1.14f1.

4. unnanego

unnanego

It's with different ones - I had this last summer on a different project. In this case it was 2019.3.something

5. unnanego

unnanego

PLEASE

6. unnanego

unnanego

I decreased the sizes of all textures in the build (I had a 8kx8k skybox in the project) and the crashes are gone now. So, check if you have textures larger than 4kx4k (that's a guess, I'm not sure it's what solved the issue).

lifestreamXR likes this.
  7. wicea

wicea

hmm, I have max 2048 textures in my project.

8. unnanego

unnanego

look into your memory consumption