Search Unity

UniDDatabase 2.0

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by namoricoo, Jun 3, 2011.

1. nicunity

nicunity

Hi there,

A quick question, is it possible to save the database as a new database via code and then save it to a txt file?
    Currently I create the db text file in unity but I would like to use Unidd as way to save games in order to share data files and as such I need a way to save the text database as a different name each time. Ive got some work around ideas, but can this be done out of the box?

Nic

2. namoricoo

namoricoo

no it's not possible. Once the game is compiled other users can open your database for security reasons. There's an Export to CSV feature in the code. The Export to CSV does not work in the webplayer because of the Unity Sandbox. I plan on implementing the export to Sql in a future version.

3. namoricoo

namoricoo

Before I can move forward I need to make sure that 3.4 fixed all of the problems that were present in the 3.0 code.

4. nicunity

nicunity

I've picked up a few minor bugs (not show stoppers), I'll send you a mail this week.

5. namoricoo

namoricoo

Send any minor problems to me. Like I mentioned in a previous post. I just wanted to get the most important updates out. Webplayer Support, Android Support. The inline documentations is not finished yet. I have Zero Sales so far this month. I have well paid PHP work waiting on my desk.

I'll add the problems you find to the to do list... Have a nice day. I have to get back to work.

6. ddfire

ddfire

hi
    this work on IOS, Android AND Webplayer?

if yes to webplayer, is there any way to save the database for the next time the player start the game?
    Thanks
    David

7. namoricoo

namoricoo

UniDDatabase is guaranteed to work on Mac,PC,IOS,Android, and WebPlayer. When you make a change it will automatically be saved and used the next time you open up the webplayer. I went one step further. If you send an update, the users will not lose the information stored in UniDDatabase.

The reason I did this. Several months back I was reading how some people who updated Angry birds lost all of their progress and they had to start over. I wanted to make sure I did not have that problem.

https://vimeo.com/29697648

8. ddfire

ddfire

do you mary me?
    hahahaha
    great i will buy it!!!! and start asking questions :p

to save the data, it use the 50MB free cache of the player? and in the phones where it save it?
    i read i can use AES on the data is correct?
    thanks you very much!!!!

9. namoricoo

namoricoo

As I was experimenting with the Webplayer. I turned off the AES Encrytion. Now that Everything is working I will turn it back on. Unity has a 1MB limit for the web player data. I did not want to get into PHP scripting and add too many complexities.

10. nicunity

nicunity

Hi,

Where are the *.uddb files stored now? I cannot find them in the folder relative to the build.

11. nicunity

nicunity

I see you are saving these to the registry now?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\...

Its all in plain text as well?

12. namoricoo

namoricoo

Encryption will get turned back on before the end of next week. I turned it off because I wanted to make sure my system works on all platforms before I turned it back on.

13. namoricoo

namoricoo

Anybody users on Windows having problems with the latest version of the product. Window 7 and Unity 3.5 to be exact.

14. kreddy

kreddy

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to create or import a database from an xml file.
    I have a xml file structure that stores data about my scene, but I would like it if it can be stored in a database without too much redundancy.

Any ideas? I am using UniDDatabase.

thanks!

15. namoricoo

namoricoo

If you can find a way to export the XML to CSV (comma separated value), you'll be able to import it in uniDDatabase. Sales are too low, I have no plans of adding that feature to the product.

16. namoricoo

namoricoo

Let me know if anybody else has any questions.

17. namoricoo

namoricoo

I guess nobody has any questions. If anybody ever has any questions in the future you can post it here. Thank you and have a nice day.

18. namoricoo

namoricoo

I just wanted to say I appreciate everybody who purchased my product this week.

19. Jimmythesaint82

Jimmythesaint82

I am having a few issues with it. Due to the file path at the top of a database file and using git as version control between projects... That file name always gets a bit screwy..

<fileGps>C:/Users/jtandy/Documents/JAMA/Dungeon London/Assets\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\UniDDatbase\Resources\DDatabase_Uni\CharacterDB.txt</fileGps>

Then on another project won't access the database...

Also get corrupted occasionally require me to revert the file... (This could be down to how I'm writing to it.. looking into it)

20. namoricoo

namoricoo

64 people own the product and you are the only person having a problem with it. Make sure you have the latest version of the product. start over with the file you are trying to create. there should be no spaces in the database name. \Chara cterDB.txt, should be \CharacterDB.txt. Finally you are not permitted to put this on Git. It's not a free open project that people can download for free. People who are giving away my project for free is probably why my sales are soo low. I have the most advanced Unity Data management system in the world. Yet my sales are low....

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  21. Jimmythesaint82

Jimmythesaint82

Private git. I wouldn't put mine or your product public

22. namoricoo

namoricoo

I did my own investigation and I was able to discover that you did not have it listed as public. That's the only reason your account is not deleted from the asset store.

However, you are not allowed to do what you are saying. I talked to the Asset store and they told me to tell you that you have to take it down. You can keep your own stuff on Git. However, people who purchase products in the Asset Store are not allowed to host it online. They will be updating the End user License Agreement to clarify this fact.

Thank you for your cooperation and have a nice day. If you don't take it down. Don't blame me if your account gets closed.

23. Jimmythesaint82

Jimmythesaint82

I stopped using your product as it didn't do all I wanted it too before this conversation even started. I was just curious if you had any idea about the error. Even then I did not have your source code online. I know how to use .gitignore. The only thing online was the resultant database file. The .txt . So please stop telling people I post peoples code. Thank you. If I get banned for no reason, yes pretty sure I would blame you.

24. namoricoo

namoricoo

I did answer your question. You accidentally mixed old code with new code with whatever version control system you are using. The old files and the new ones are different. You have to download the latest version of the code from the Unity Asset Store. Create a new database file and that will resolve 100% of your problems.

If you are not one of the people buying things on the asset store and hosting it for free. Good for you. I never said you were. I said in a previous post exact words here: "I did my own investigation and I was able to discover that you did not have it listed as public. That's the only reason your account is not deleted from the asset store."
    I was reading other post about somebody who was hosting things from the asset store. That guy has been banned from the store. One can never be too careful.

Are you on a Mac or On a Pc ?

25. Jimmythesaint82

Jimmythesaint82

Don't worry about it. Not here to argue. Your product worked well. I'm sure the issue was due to git doing incorrect file encoding between pcs. And a Mac.

26. namoricoo

namoricoo

Try to replace the top of the file with the following line. This should resolve the problem. You have to make sure there are no spaces in the file names.

<fileGps>C:/Users/jtandy/Documents/JAMA/DungeonLondon/Asset/UniDDatbase/Resources/DDatabase_Uni/CharacterDB.txt</fileGps>

27. marcaurelio74

marcaurelio74

Hi,
    is UniDDatabase updated for Unity 4.0?
    Thanks

28. namoricoo

namoricoo

unity 4.0 is not out yet. it's still in beta. As long as it's backwards compatible with 3.0 it should work just fine.

29. Meltdown

Meltdown

I need a database storage solution for a web player game. I'm wondering if UniDDatabase is good for this?
    Basically I'd like be able to easily insert/edit/delete data through SQL queries or some other way.
    How does your product allow the modification of data through code?

30. ChadH

ChadH

WIll this work with dBase 2.8.0?

31. namoricoo

namoricoo

You don't use Sql with UniDDatabase. If you know how to copy and paste. You know how to use UniDDatabase. Just watch this video and you should be up and running in no time.

32. namoricoo

namoricoo

I don't understand your question.

33. ChadH

ChadH

I want Unity and dBase to exchange information using your asset.
    I have seen many database assets available, but they only work with SQLite, MySQL, or whatever.
    Can yours communicate and send / receive data from dBase?
    If you need more detailed info I can provide it to you via PM

34. namoricoo

namoricoo

you can send me a PM. I don't understand what you are talking about. Are you talking about this dBase wiki link

35. Bowie-Xu

Bowie-Xu

Hi
    First of all, good job! This is what I need in our project, especially "uni prefab" "uni audio" data types are useful for client.
    However in our project we also need this database can be read by server code which is also written by C# (mono)
    I tried to put all your code in UniDDatabase_CS_JS folder into monodevelop and compiled it. It seems these codes are all depend on Unity3d.
    Since the database is only txt file and with your source code I know I can write my own code for server.
    This there any way we can do it faster like reading database with little modification of your code, any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!!

Best regards!

36. namoricoo

namoricoo

The product is called UniDDatabase for a reason. Uni stands for Unity 3d. It's an extension for the Unity platform. It's not designed to work on a web server outside of the Unity Environment. I have started writing a Javascript / JqueryUI version of my Sqlite Editor. If you are working with the browser you probably want to be using Mysql or something like that.

37. Bowie-Xu

Bowie-Xu

Got it. I will find another way to do that. Thanks your quick reply :)

38. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Hi, we are publishing to Flash and wanted to know if your plugin can work on Flash.

Thanks.

39. namoricoo

namoricoo

To get it working with Flash you would just have to remove the things not supported by flash. To be more specific all Assetbundle scripts.

40. emergki

emergki

Hi @namoricoo,

I had bought you product some days ago, I have one question about it.

Can I have a database that will have the name of the peoples with some data like birthday, phone number, etc and, I want to insert new peoples to the database and, search for these people when I want (all in the standalone, during the gameplay) ?

It's like a register form that will allow me to find the peoples that are already registered.

41. namoricoo

namoricoo

yes.

42. namoricoo

namoricoo

Let me know if anyone else has any more questions.

43. uniphonic

uniphonic

Thank you for pointing out the licensing terms of your product. I was looking into purchasing UniDDatabase, but have decided against it based on the licensing restrictions you have imposed. I regularly put my projects into an online PRIVATE repository, and require that freedom for any code I'm going to use. Since your licensing terms do not allow that, I will not purchase your product.

P.S. No disrespect to you, but I honestly find those licensing terms quite absurd. Many people use online backup solutions these days, and do so for safety reasons, to not lose their data.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  44. pyscho2day

pyscho2day

Great product but I have a few questions before i purchase.

1. Do you plan on any further updates?
    2. Does the current version (3.414) support the current version of Unity3D (4.1.3)?
    3. Are you going to continue support for further versions of Unity?

Regards

45. namoricoo

namoricoo

I'm currently working on a 100% Java implementation of my product. I should be finished before the end of next month.

1)As soon as a major update is needed I will work on it. sales are very low.
    2)it should work just fine with unity 4.1.3, The only problem I has was with flash. If I remove all of the code for the WWW class. The program works fine.
    3)The support is good. It has built-in documentation. If sales were better I would be able to do more.

46. pyscho2day

pyscho2day

That is good news and you just got yourself another sale. Thanks for the hard work on this and keep it up.

Regards

47. netics

netics

I have questions.

1. Does it work in mobile environment(iOS and Android)?

2. Does it support unicode string(Japanese, Korean, etc)?
    (I know it didn't support unicode at the time of first release. It still doesn't support?)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  48. namoricoo

namoricoo

yes it does work with Android and IOS.

No, Japanese, Korean are still not supported.

49. GD-Darren

GD-Darren

Hey, I bought your asset and started working on it.
    I have alot of data that is added/deleted on runtime, and I'm building the databases like SQL databases.

My question is I have a table Called Item, and another called PlayerItems, and PlayerItems contains an id of the item in Items (foreign key). What I'd like is a method to be able to get all the columns data of that row with the provided foreign key id from player items as an object array.It is important that the id of the row is not the number of the row, it's an auto increment integer so that if I delete an item later the id is stored as a colomn in the row and won;t be replaced by a newly added item.

50. namoricoo

namoricoo

There is no foreign key option.