Search Unity

UniDDatabase 2.0

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by namoricoo, Jun 3, 2011.

1. namoricoo

namoricoo

Ok, I downloaded the old version of the code and I'll be applying the necessary updates after I finish the documentation. I want to have built-in copy and paste documentation with the specify row/column a developer is trying to get. Something I have never scene before.

2. namoricoo

namoricoo

My Copy and Paste system for the documentation is making good progress.

3. namoricoo

namoricoo

Sunday and Monday I will work on this 100% to see if we can finally finish.

4. namoricoo

namoricoo

Just finished Implementing a Speed open feature in the DDatabase. Just Drag the UniDDatabase file in the correct slot. It will automatically open. So you can use the Unity search to locate the ddatabase you want to open.

Attached Files:

5. namoricoo

namoricoo

I'm adding built-in support for all ascii characters at the moment.

6. namoricoo

namoricoo

Ascii characters are now working. I just have to make it look nice and professional.

7. namoricoo

namoricoo

Here is a preview of the Ascii table. Will have direct access to all of the 256 characters within unity. No need to go to external tools.

Attached Files:

8. namoricoo

namoricoo

Get this: will get the correct cell (it will display the correct code both javascript and C#) will just have to copy and paste. Let me know what you think of what I have so far. If this is simple enough. There will also be the correct tool tip.

9. namoricoo

namoricoo

Almost forgot the Delete function and the miscellaneous functions. trying to be as complete as possible. You are also able to see the tooltip in this example.

Attached Files:

10. SeanP

SeanP

Have these fixes been pushed to the asset store? I went to update but didnt find anything new.

11. namoricoo

namoricoo

It's not out yet. These functions are not ready yet. I'm thinking I should release some of the updates I have so far instead of waiting for one big update. The built-in documentation is the only thing missing.

12. namoricoo

namoricoo

The Ascii function is now working 100%. Users will be able to enter special characters without going to an external editor.

13. namoricoo

namoricoo

I was just doing posting this before I release to see if I could get some feedback. As you can see I didn't get any feedback.

14. SeanP

SeanP

The webplayer support is the one we really need

15. namoricoo

namoricoo

Ok, when I'm off I'll look for a quick way to push the webplayer to the Asset store. It should be up there no later than next week.

16. namoricoo

namoricoo

Here is a sample of what I'm thinking for the built-in Copy and Paste documentation. If you want JavaScript just copy and paste it. If you want C#, just copy and paste that too. Let me know if that's easy enough for the newbie community. I have the Red Text. "Copy here for C# ", "Copy here for javascript". It does not get any easier than that.

Attached Files:

17. namoricoo

namoricoo

"Get this" documentation is now working for all of the fields.

18. namoricoo

namoricoo

I see I'm getting no responses when I ask for feedback. I'll just do the "update this" documentation before I release an update with partial documentation. I'll release the rest of the documentation when its done. I will not post any more minor post since I'm not getting any feedback.

19. namoricoo

namoricoo

Documenation is 80% finished. Tomorrow I download the Current version of UniDDatabase from the AssetStore and start working on the update. I'll try to submit an update for the people waiting for web support. I'm sorry for any delays.

20. namoricoo

namoricoo

I'm testing all of the fixes and the automatic code generation scripts. I want to make sure everything is perfect. Testing for both Javascript and C#

21. runner

runner

lookin good, though was not expecting inline documentation but it works for me. and also i appreciate the attention you give the products you develop.

Thanks

22. namoricoo

namoricoo

If you're going to do something. Do it 100% is what I believe. I found a minor problem in the Reset to factory default in web player. Just finished fixing it. I'm going to run several stress tests before I release the update. I want to tank you and the community for your support.

23. namoricoo

namoricoo

If this update is well received and sales start to pick-up. I'll consider supporting more international languages. It's all about supply and demand.

24. nicunity

nicunity

Looking forward to it. If anybody is looking for a data storage/ load system, this is the most powerful asset in the unity arsenal.

25. kicki2k

kicki2k

DB file can not read on the Android platform.

hi, namoricoo

i have a question.
    I use UniDDatabase3.0.
    Has been working on the Android platform.
    on Unity editor UniDDatabase's DB file can read .
    but, on Android device UniDDatabase's DB file can not read.
    so i came to debugging.
    There are a function called in UniDDatabaseCs.cs GetPathRelativeToApplicationFolderMac Here defaultDirectory probably does not make.
    Eventually becomes relativePath is null.
    I need a quick bug fixes.

thx.

26. namoricoo

namoricoo

Thank for your post kicki2k, Another user did bring this to my attention in a private e-mail. I have resolved that problem and it will be included in the next update. I running several "Stress Tests" on the system before I release it to the general public. I've fixed 3 new problems in the last 4 hours. I have to get ready for work soon. So far I've 60% of the functions and they are working to my high standards on all platforms. I just have to test the remaining 40% and fix any new problems I may discover before I release this next update. I was thinking about making a quick video of what I have so far.

27. namoricoo

namoricoo

nicunity, you are correct. This is the most advanced data storage/ load system in the Asset Store. My user interface unique and very user friendly. In the past I've used 3rd party Sqlite Editors, PHPMyAdmin for MySql, Excel windows, Pages with Mac OsX. Anything that was missing in one of those products. I identified and made sure they don't appear in my product. For example. The way the grid will auto size. I hated the way Excel made me have to keep playing with the cell to get it just the way I wanted. I wrote a fucntion to autosize all of my cells. That's just one example. I just finished catching a 4th error in the inline documentation code I'm working on.

I'm going to fix that error. There's still a good chance I should be able to get this the the Asset Store This week.

28. namoricoo

namoricoo

Just finished Updating the Documentation for Textures and Audio (GetOne and GetColumn code). Had make the preview pictures smaller in order to make room for the documentation. The preview picture is still a decent size. The Devil is in the Details.

29. kicki2k

kicki2k

hi, namoricoo

thanks quick reply.
    this thread other than the thread of the plug-in is not active, i has a post here.
    anyway, when is the next update?

30. namoricoo

namoricoo

Two post above your question is the answer: " There's still a good chance I should be able to get this the the Asset Store This week."

31. kicki2k

kicki2k

ok, i will be waiting for your update.
    thanks.:D

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  32. namoricoo

namoricoo

Documentation for Texture (Get one, Get Column, Update texture) are now working. I'm working on the documentation for Audioclips. Next I'll have to finish Prefabs.

33. namoricoo

namoricoo

Prefab,Texture, and Audio inline documentation is now working... Now I'll focus on the data and time documentation. When I'm finished I'll download the old file from the asset store and start working on the first wave of updates.

34. namoricoo

namoricoo

Date and time inline documentation is now working. Now I have to test Javascript integration with the documentation. This is a lot of hard work.

35. namoricoo

namoricoo

Making great progress with the javascript documentation. I'm thinking about making two videos. One for Javascript and one for C#. That way people will be able to go to exactly what they are looking for.

36. runner

runner

The documentation you made previously was helpful but unfortunately videos made by you seem to only gloss over the generalities if that is the intention this time then i can live with it but they are not very good or executed that well.

Please take that as constructive criticism.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  37. namoricoo

namoricoo

In the first couples of videos, they were intended to be a general overview. Now, I'm looking to get a little more specific. I'm still down over $4,000 so I can only work on this on my free time. Several times I post messages asking for feedback or feature request. Most of the time I get no responses.

38. runner

runner

Well generally, I highly approve of the direction taken just thought you're energy would be better spent in the direction of releasing this weekend with mainly what was required to have completed by the end of the weekend?.

If people need further support outside a PDF i guess we can ask but the RTFM is the general golden rule

39. namoricoo

namoricoo

Javascript documentation for Text,Int,float,date, time,Position,Rotation, are all working. Just have to work with Prefab,Texture, and Audio.

40. namoricoo

namoricoo

The Javascript inline documentation are now working. Now I will download the old version of UniDDatabase from the AssetStore and add the updates.

41. namoricoo

namoricoo

This week is the real-deal. I apologize for the long delay. like the old sayin' "It's better to measure 10 times and cut once than to measure once and cut 10 times. "

42. namoricoo

namoricoo

Making good progress on updating the old version of the code. I'll do everything I can to try to submit these update tomorrow. No later than Thursday.

43. namoricoo

namoricoo

Just finished doing a video to show that Webplayer and the other platforms are working. Flash is now working at the moment. WWW class does not appear to be woking with flash. Next I will do a Video to show how easy it is to use the inline documentation and the ascii character. Now I have to go to work.

44. namoricoo

namoricoo

Just finished filming the JavaScript example. It will take time to edit this video and the one I filmed yesterday. Next I have to upload them to youtube so that they can be ready when I send them to the AssetStore tomorrow. I'll also have to film the C# video. There are several difference between the C# code and the Javascript code.

45. namoricoo

namoricoo

Just finished submitting the update. It will say version 3.4. The new submission process is different from the last time I submitted. I think everything should be good.

46. namoricoo

namoricoo

I just sent an e-mail to the Asset Store asking them to Update my product. We still have work to do. I just want to release this quick update out for now.

47. namoricoo

namoricoo

What's taking the Asset Store so long to do a simple update. I sent several e-mails and still no reply.

48. kicki2k

kicki2k

Yes, the update is late too.
    I have been waiting for three days now to update. ^^;;
    Need some extra checks.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  49. namoricoo

namoricoo

Here is the message I'm getting today:
    On medical leave until June 11 2012

Greetings thanks for the email!

I'm out of the office until 6/11/2012 and email replies are expected
    to take some time.

If you have any general concerns regarding Asset Store or the
    newsletter, feel free to direct them to Kamio...

This is a public forum so I can only post part of the message for privacy. I contacted the other people in the e-mail. Now we play the waiting game.

50. namoricoo

namoricoo

3.4 is now up and ready to be downloaded in the AssetStore. There is still some work to do. I still have to make videos for example... Let me know if anybody has any questions.