Search Unity

Uni2LwP : Create Live Wallpapers with Unity 3.4.2 /3.5.7/ 4.0/4.0.1

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by shinx, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exitsimulation

exitsimulation

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

2. shinx

shinx

Hello ,

Patch 1.5.1 is finished. Everyone that's interested in applying the new patch please send me an email to mirage.unity@gmail.com with the Uni2LwP invoice number. If you have already contacted me before then you don't need to provide the invoice number again.

Uni2LwP promotion (50% off) will finish by the end of this month. Get it while it's only $15.

Best regards,
    Shinx

3. nDman

nDman

Is there any way to add x86 platform support to projects made by this plugin?

4. shinx

shinx

No. If I remember correctly that feature was only introduced after Unity 4.6+. The latest version of Unity that works with Live Wallpaper services (Unity 4.0.1) doesn't have that option.

Best regards,
    Shinx

5. jetSonic

jetSonic

Uni2Lwp is amazing it works and works vithout problems. Thank you Shinx for such amazing asset and for your support.

Folks can someone help me to change camera move on swipe to camera rotation around game object on swipe?

6. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Uni2LwP promotion (50% off) has finished. Thank you everyone. Also, don't forget to send me an email for patch library v1.5.1

Best regards,
    Shinx

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  7. pablo-caviglia

pablo-caviglia

Hi, have you planned make it work with unity 5?
    What is the issue with unity 5 that still does not work?
    Thx!

8. Trisibo

Trisibo

9. shinx

shinx

Hi,

It's exactly as explained in the link DED Games posted. Unity libraries (after Unity 4.0.1) aren't compatible with Live Wallpaper services.Unity engine crashes when we instantiate the UnityPlayer class (issue resides with Unity libraries and classes.jar file).
    Please don't forget to vote here

Best regards,
    Shinx

10. shinx

shinx

Hi,

That's very strange because it's all handled by AndroidManifest.xml file. Android should read the file and add the live wallpaper to the list. Have you changed anything related to the live wallpaper service inside the AndroidManifest.xml file ?
    Please contact me by email and send me one of your AndroidManifest.xml file and I will take a look at it.

Best regards,
    Shinx

11. dmitriy4leex

dmitriy4leex

Hello shinx!

I want to first express my gratitude for your creation! Perfect!

I was also interested in the question - in the new version the bug of the preview will be fixed???

Thank you and best regards, dmitriy4leex

12. shinx

shinx

Hi,

Unfortunately no. This is the changelog for the new version:

• Live Wallpaper preview thread is delayed a few milliseconds before calling the onDestroy method. This helps with the issue that sometimes users can't set the live wallpaper after the first try.
    • Automatic detection of Pixel Format. This feature will automatically detect the best and most compatible pixel format that the device supports. Best one will be choosen to be used. This also fixes Color banding :)

These previous 2 changes/improvements will be disabled by default and can be easily enabled by changing just one line of code.
    • Increase speed !!! Some Statistics:
      Nexus 5 running Uni2LwP 1.5 (current version on Asset Store) demo scene but with 2000 cubes only reaches ~45 fps
      Nexus 5 running Uni2LwP 1.5.1 (new and unreleased version) demo scene but with 2000 cubes reaches a constant 60fps :)
    Please contact me for the new version.

Best regards,
    Shinx

13. dmitriy4leex

dmitriy4leex

Shinx

It's man who fix the bug of exiting out preview mode, you can talk as a plugin developer with him and thus upgrade plugin? After all the wallpaper, which he did with the help of Uni2LwP not crash when exiting out preview mode

dmitriy4leex

14. shinx

shinx

Hi,

Sorry I don't understand. The live wallpapers created by kafanasiff also have the same issue. If you access the live wallpaper for the second time (without using the double tap feature) the lwp crashes/restarts.

Best regards,
    Shinx

15. dmitriy4leex

dmitriy4leex

So it is only on my phone. I'm sorry for inaccurate information

16. shinx

shinx

It should happen on every device. Are you sure that you are refering to the issue of accessing the live wallpaper settings menu for the second time? What device and Android sdk version are you using?

Edited: Please contact me by email. It's easier to exchange msg.

17. uhbygvtfcr

uhbygvtfcr

Hello Shinx,

I just wanted to share some relevant information which (might)! help in,or provide a workaround for the 'Set wallpaper' glitch.While i was researching on game engines,specifically shiva,i saw this post which was related to the support of live wallpapers.Then i saw the article linked in the post,

The thing worth noting in the devs integration of lwps in the Shiva engine was that he was also experiencing issues in running two instances(which might be the problem with unity,i'm not quite sure though).You can refer to this link directly,
    http://error454.com/2012/11/07/jelly-bean-lwp-retrospective/

• Solving concurrency issues with the ShiVa engine (Live Wallpapers can run two instances of your wallpaper simultaneously, something that the engine was having an issue with).
    On that last bullet point, sometimes limitations have to be worked around in a creative way. The problem is that the ShiVa engine can’t run two instances at a time because of some file locking that occurs inside the engine (to the best of my debug ability). But, a live wallpaper can be running in the background AND be displayed in a preview window.

To overcome this, I made the decision of rendering a static image/text on the preview window. It’s kind of cheap but it gets the job done.

18. shinx

shinx

Hi,

Thank you for the link but I have already tested something similar. I still couldn't get it to work because the issue is not only related to the renderer being called twice but also to the internal UnitySendMessage fatal exception. It also introduced another issue. When the static image in preview mode was being displayed for the first time if we tried to apply the "real" live wallpaper it would crash almost every time :( I assume it has something to do with starting the Unity engine while it is being applied as a live wallpaper simultaneously...
    Sorry, but it's not a good solution. At least I couldn't get it to work better than the "solution" that we have right now.

Best regards,
    Shinx

19. gateian

gateian

Has anybody implemented any type of in app purchase on their wall paper. I'd like to offer a free version of mine, but allow the user to add stuff. However i've read it's a rather long and complex process to get in app purchasing working. Not that i'm shying away from that as a long term development, but i'm trying to be efficient with my time at the moment.

Of course I can do two versions of the app, but it seems a much less painless process to simply unlock a feature in the wallpaper as opposed to downloading and installing a whole new APK.

20. Trisibo

Trisibo

I'm making a wallpaper with in-app purchases, it's not too complex, though maybe Google should have clearer documentation on some parts. You can use Google's helper code from their example app (http://developer.android.com/training/in-app-billing/preparing-iab-app.html#GetSample), or, probably easier, use some 3rd party code (e.g., Soomla). What I have done is detect if the user has bought the premium version, and if so send a message from Java to Unity to enable stuff; otherwise, in the settings screen I add an option to buy.

gateian likes this.
  21. gateian

gateian

@ded thanks for the info. That's exactly how I was envisioning it working, but it's good to know that someone has managed to implement it already working.

I did see the Soomla unity store plugin, but unless i'm mistaken it was not available for Unity 4.0.1

22. Trisibo

Trisibo

23. gateian

gateian

Right. Gotcha thanks!

24. gateian

gateian

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to export a different named APK from unity and from the same project? I have a free and pro version I want to release, but when I renamed the product name of the app in the player settings, I got an error. That's because the Uni2LWP update function is obviously looking for the old build folder in the AndroidLWP folder.

Alternatively if I can change the product name and package install location in eclipse using only apk published from unity, that would be better. Apologies if that is a simple thing, I am not massively experienced with eclipse.

Cheers

25. gateian

gateian

Ok i've figured out I can do this in eclipse. I'm sure there is a more efficient way of doing this, but i've basically duplicated the package in eclipse and renamed the various app info for the two different versions. Probably better to do it this way than juggling mulitple apk configurations in unity.

26. gateian

gateian

27. maxnoru

maxnoru

Hi. i've got an error while trying launch live wallpaper on SDK 23 Android M. Maybe somebody knows how to fix it 0.o

979-1979/com.codermobile.particleslwp I/art: Not late-enabling -Xcheck:jni (already on)
    11-18 09:13:29.954 1979-1979/com.example.lwp I/art: Late-enabling JIT
    11-18 09:13:30.298 1979-1979/com.example.lwp I/art: JIT created with code_cache_capacity=2MB compile_threshold=1000
    11-18 09:13:32.254 1979-1979/com.example.lwp W/Unity: Unable to load libraries: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: /data/app/com.example.lwp-2/lib/arm/libunity.so: has text relocations
    11-18 09:13:32.257 1979-1979/com.example.lwp E/art: No implementation found for void com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.nativeFile(java.lang.String) (tried Java_com_unity3d_player_UnityPlayer_nativeFile and Java_com_unity3d_player_UnityPlayer_nativeFile__Ljava_lang_String_2)
    11-18 09:13:32.259 1979-1979/com.example.lwp D/AndroidRuntime: Shutting down VM
    11-18 09:13:32.265 1979-1979/com.example.lwp E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main

28. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Please contact me using this form and I will help you fix that :)

Best regards,
    Shinx

29. Sandroid82

Sandroid82

Hello everybody, I'm the developer of Holo Droid Info, a live wallpaper made by using Uni2Lwp. I have a suggestion for those who wants to use Android Studio as IDE to develop your live wallpaper projects. It is very simple ...

You just have to create a live wallpaper project for Eclipse by using Uni2Lwp.

Open Android Studio and import your Eclipse live wallpaper project that is under this path YourLwpProject\AndroidLWP\YourLwpProject. Choose a new directory to import and give it a new name YourASLwpProject. Then Android Studio will provide to generate the gradel and all the staff to run in the IDE.That's your Live Wallpaper in Android Studio!

Now you can work in Android Studio but, when you have to change something in the Unity scene, you still need to update the old Eclipse project! After updated the Eclipse project go to and copy the content of your assets folder YourLwpProject\assets\ and paste it in your AS project YourASLwpProject\app\src\main\assets\

Synchronize the project and you're in business! ;-)

Please check out my live wallpaper and rate it! Thanks!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sandroid.livewallpaper.holodroidinfotrial

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  30. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

31. Sandroid82

Sandroid82

@MikeUpchat No, it doesn't, because Uni2Lwp is supported by Unity 4.0.1 and older versions. :-(

32. resheez

resheez

33. shinx

shinx

34. resheez

resheez

cheers..;)

35. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Thread closed due to no longer being supported at OP request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.